DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys,Here are some specs and photos of the New H Audio Ebony and the Audible Physics Wide Band Driver.Please feel free to share your comments as these are just the sample prototype units.

To my knowledge the 1st Batch will be available November in south east Asia priced ranging from $150 to $180 pair.I also heard it will soon be available in Canada.

The pictures attached are of the sample prototypes so finishing will slightly be different and much smoother.For information their Company website is currently under construction and will soon be functional.

New Ebony TS Parameter

Revc= 4.000 Ohm
Fo= 55.693 Hz
Sd= 13.685m M?
Krm= 5.355m Ohm
Erm= 0.632
Kxm= 123.763m H
Exm= 0.309
Vas= 18.446 Ltr
Cms= 693.635 uM/N
Mmd= 10.853m Kg
Mms= 11.774 g
BL= 4.670 T
Qms= 8.641
Qes= 0.756
Qts= 0.695
No= 0.400 %
SPLo= 88.122 dB
* End

=========================================================

NEW Audible Physics XR 3 M Ferrite

Revc= 3.600 Ohm
Fo= 164.977 Hz
Sd= 3.019m M?
Krm= 11.743m Ohm
Erm= 0.502
Kxm= 221.687m H
Exm= 0.170
Vas= 531.766m Ltr
Cms= 410.871 uM/N
Mmd= 2.170m Kg
Mms= 2.265 g
BL= 3.312 T
Qms= 8.754
Qes= 0.792
Qts= 0.726
No= 0.291 %
SPLo= 86.664 dB
* End

Attachments

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
How is this version of the Ebony different from the "old" version?
I'm also wondering this. And is the Ebony here designed to be mated up to the XR3 up there?

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,946 Posts
Totally new driver, the only thing retain was the Basket.

The new cone is Black Glass fiber vs the old Ebony being Ploy. Glass fiber has a more open sound.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
Totally new driver, the only thing retain was the Basket.

The new cone is Black Glass fiber vs the old Ebony being Ploy. Glass fiber has a more open sound.
More open sound huh? You know how big of a whore I am for an open sound. I may have to give it a try. How would it do mated with the x2...the ones you're sending me?;)And do you have any 2-2.5" drivers coming out?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Crap! I haven't even gotten my "old" Ebonys yet :(

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,946 Posts
no worry here guys two totally different animals here. Believe when I say the old ebony is still the beast it always was.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
I didn't like the Ebony when I tried it but when I heard them in Ben's (honda) car I fell in love. It really struck home how important it is to match timbre as close as possible. The Ebony midbass really shined with those Morel tweets:)I tried them with the x2 and they really clashed with each other for obvious reasons. It was like putting bbq sauce on ice cream. Folks, this is your wake-up call. Matching timbre matters more than you could ever imagine. Hit it right and magic happens.

Hey Mark, what timbre will the Ivory have?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Can we get more info on the Ivory, and an answer to the question about matching the XR3 with the Ebony? Thanks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I just received this top view from the designer but I believe these are different from the ones Mark will offer,The cones for USA are created from 3 different fiber materials unlike this one.Marks drivers are more complex and are not available anywhere else.The designer said Mark's product are High End and Custom Design made only for H-Audio USA.

I guess Mark will offer more details. All I know is they have iron wood Phase plugs :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts