DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

81 - 100 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
youtube can help you aswell... or get your kid to help you, he should be techy. that being said, id like to keep this thread on topic please. thank you !:)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hi this unit maybe exactly what I'm looking for. Wanted to know do these units have radio capability and will this work with a DSP such as a Mosconi 6to8V8 via optical and does it support tethering my data connection?

Also there a quite a few models, some have quick boot up time and some don't, some are double din, some single (not sure whats double gives or single?). Whats the best one to get taking into account what im after?

And do any come with CD/DVD player built (this isn't essential though as I can get a external drive)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Based on the YouTube videos I've watched

- It does have AM/FM but not HD Radio
- The OP is using the digital out with an Audiocontrol DM-608, so yes, a Mosconi or any DSP with coax will work. If your DSP doesn't have coax, you can always get a coax to optical converter.
- Pretty sure you can tether as it has Wi-Fi

This above information is in relation to the head unit that the OP posted

Some are double din and some are single. They offer both based on your wants/needs.

I didn't see any with CD on the Joying site.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Based on the YouTube videos I've watched

- It does have AM/FM but not HD Radio
- The OP is using the digital out with an Audiocontrol DM-608, so yes, a Mosconi or any DSP with coax will work. If your DSP doesn't have coax, you can always get a coax to optical converter.
- Pretty sure you can tether as it has Wi-Fi

This above information is in relation to the head unit that the OP posted

Some are double din and some are single. They offer both based on your wants/needs.

I didn't see any with CD on the Joying site.
Thanks

One other thing with this unit regarding Bluetooth, my current DSP/Processor alpine (H800) does not support Bluetooth. Ideally I dont want to change my DSP/processor for now, so wanted to know if I could Bluetooth music straight from my phone to the headunit?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks

One other thing with this unit regarding Bluetooth, my current DSP/Processor alpine (H800) does not support Bluetooth. Ideally I dont want to change my DSP/processor for now, so wanted to know if I could Bluetooth music straight from my phone to the headunit?
Yes. I've never seen an android unit that didn't allow BT audio. I used mine often that way. However, you'd have to check and see what BT module this unit allows but I wouldn't expect the newest 5.0 or lossless...maybe 4.0.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Sorry for the late reply.

No this unit does not accept Bluetooth data communication. - I am trying to convince joying to change this...

Some DSP's communicate via USB or WiFi. theses ones should work and connect to the app.

the bluetooth CHIP is 4.0

the FM quality is outstanding compared to the pionner(hd radio), alpine(hd radio), no name android, eonon head units i used to have in the truck. they use to always have a little bit of static. but now its like i bought a new car. the sound is perfect. its like listening to a 320kps mp3.
It also shows what song is playing on the station
Id say it has an HD radio superb chip in it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Shame that I wasn't able to find one with both spdif as well as video out. Having both would make it perfect for my wants and needs.

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Yeah so now I'm intrigued.. The 1-din with SPDIF coax output looks kinda fun. Screen looks "right" sized to me. I'll have to read up on just how well these perform, etc etc. But they are doing something that silly Alpine, Pioneer and Kenwood refuse to do.. SPDIF output.

https://youtu.be/WzT8Ys0USrc

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just bought a Joying unit with s/pdif output for my 09 VW Jetta. I will eventually run a coaxial to a DSP, but for now, just an upgrade from stock HU that can play FLAC files through USB. No more iPod through Aux. I also need to sell my Alpine 9887, Pioneer 880prs and Sundown SAX 100.4. Don't really need them any more.

·
Registered
294 Posts

No this unit does not accept Bluetooth data communication. - I am trying to convince joying to change this...

Some DSP's communicate via USB or WiFi. theses ones should work and connect to the app.

So you mean you can't stream music to the headunit via Bluetooth (phone to headunit)? If not then what is the Bluetooth on this unit used for?

As I have an Alpine H800 (which I don't really want to change at this point) which does lack Bluetooth input, so I wanted to use this headunit and stream music to it via Bluetooth and connect to my Dsp with optical cable

·
Listener of Music
3,015 Posts
So you mean you can't stream music to the headunit via Bluetooth (phone to headunit)? If not then what is the Bluetooth on this unit used for?

As I have an Alpine H800 (which I don't really want to change at this point) which does lack Bluetooth input, so I wanted to use this headunit and stream music to it via Bluetooth and connect to my Dsp with optical cable

No. He means you can't control it with your phone via Bluetooth connection. You can stream to it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
No. He means you can't control it with your phone via Bluetooth connection. You can stream to it.
Ok understood. I do wonder can the volume be controlled via the head unit if you are using a DSP (Alpine H800, Mosconi 6to8v8 etc etc) or can it only be changed via the controller?

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,355 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts

the FM quality is outstanding compared to the pionner(hd radio), alpine(hd radio), no name android, eonon head units i used to have in the truck. they use to always have a little bit of static. but now its like i bought a new car. the sound is perfect. its like listening to a 320kps mp3.

It also shows what song is playing on the station

Id say it has an HD radio superb chip in it.
So by this do you mean you cannot use the headunit to change to the next track on your phone via Bluetooth?

How do these units perform? I'm particularly interested in the single din and using optical to my DSP.

Would be nice to have Android Auto and a reverse camera, FLAC support as well as a larger touch screen.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just to add my 10 cents worth, for the money you won't find anything better than this. yes it does have it's niggles but if you can get past those, you won't be disappointed.

I'm currently using one hooked up to a STEG SDSP8 amp / dsp via coaxial and the unit is living up to my expectations.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Niggles I have encountered thus far:

• Sound output for first navigation instruction on TomTom app is inaudible (just a terrible squeltch noise).
  • Outputs a large noise on startup or wake, I will now have to delay output to amplifiers (read: pull my entire interior to bits again).
  • Have not been able to sync bluetooth contacts. In fact many of the buttons on the bluetooth screens seem to do nothing, with no visual feedback of what is happening.
  • S/PDIF jack is low quality. An RCA cable I was using pulled out the metal part of the plug from the unit (ground part of female RCA). The green plastic colour coding piece fell out too.
  • I will need to buy non-polarised sunglasses specifically for driving; polarised lenses will make the screen disappear. But.. polarised glasses are best for driving. The struggle is real.
  • Turned down 'NAVI' sound in the sound levels setting. Stays the same level as music. (very loud).
Looking forward to software updates.

81 - 100 of 132 Posts