DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. First post and have a couple questions. First, a little background on me...I use to be into the audio scene back when I had a 4Runner. I know have a 94 Landcruiser and want to put some of my gear back in, but want to freshin up a little bit. Here is what I got.

Pioneer Premier P9 Combo w/ disc changer
MB Quart PSD216
ARC Audio 1500D-R
ARC Audio 4150-CXLR

use to have a JL Audio 12W7 and have no sub.

I loved running the P9 active crossover and would like to maintain something similar. One problem I ran into with the P9 combo is the Aux options. I have an MP3 player (no Ipod) and want to naturally use that device a my music source. I feel like I researched this before and found that if I want to run an AUX device through my P9 I have to use it conjunction with the disc changer. Anyone know if I can ditch the changer and just use an AUX input?

Also, what would be a good replacement sub? Criteria...I listen to mostly rock, space is limited(so 1 sub and works well with Arc 1500) , and money ain't no thing.

Thanks ya'all.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hi Guys. First post and have a couple questions. First, a little background on me...I use to be into the audio scene back when I had a 4Runner. I know have a 94 Landcruiser and want to put some of my gear back in, but want to freshin up a little bit. Here is what I got.

Pioneer Premier P9 Combo w/ disc changer
MB Quart PSD216
ARC Audio 1500D-R
ARC Audio 4150-CXLR

use to have a JL Audio 12W7 and have no sub.

I loved running the P9 active crossover and would like to maintain something similar. One problem I ran into with the P9 combo is the Aux options. I have an MP3 player (no Ipod) and want to naturally use that device a my music source. I feel like I researched this before and found that if I want to run an AUX device through my P9 I have to use it conjunction with the disc changer. Anyone know if I can ditch the changer and just use an AUX input?
This was discussed last week right here:

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...n-dex-p9-control-ipod.html?highlight=ipod+aux

Also, what would be a good replacement sub? Criteria...I listen to mostly rock, space is limited(so 1 sub and works well with Arc 1500) , and money ain't no thing.

Thanks ya'all.
There are tons of choices here- 1500D-R is 900x1 at 4 ohm and 1000x1 at 2 ohm from what I found, so something like an SSA Icon 12D2 (1.35 cf sealed/2.5 cf ported) ICON Series Subwoofers
or a Hertz ML3000
HERTZ by Elettromedia - Special Car Stereo

Not able to model the ML3000 right now, but I suspect it will be in the ballpark of what you're looking for.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback! I've never heard of those two companies. Any idea on the fix the Pioneer Premier P9 Aux issue?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Thanks for the feedback! I've never heard of those two companies. Any idea on the fix the Pioneer Premier P9 Aux issue?
I re-formatted original post, there was a link posted that wasn't obvious at the time. :blush:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah. Thanks, I see it now. The CD-IB100II looks like it controls the ipod specifically. I was more interested in just an Aux 1/8" jack type thing to accept any type of device.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts