DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. I am a new user here. Found the site while surfing at 3am. Glad I found it!

Here is my setup. I will post pics shortly.

Alpine IVA-D301
JL Audio 500/1
JL Audio 450/4
(2) JL Audio 12w3v3
Focal Audio K2 165KR (Front)
Focal Audio K2 165 KRC (Rear)

Currently in the process of doing a custom install and my first fiberglass enclosure.

I realize this is a decent system, but would this be competition worthy? I used to install but the custom stuff and competition back then is nothing like it is today and I have been out of the scene way too long.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great. I would come except I will be in California for 3 weeks. I will be at the next G2G though! That's only 2.5 hours for me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are my install pics. Just temporary until I can get a custom install done.

The box was home made in 15 minutes. My boy bet me I couldn't build a box from start to finish in 15 minutes. I won the bet but I still think it is out of tune.

Deck: Alpine IVA-D310
(2) JL Audio 12w3v3
JL Audio 500/1
JL Audio 450/4

I put the tweeters in the stock location in the CR-V to hide them. That may have been the first mistake!

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you are going to want to compete you may want to do something about the wiring. Tidy things up a bit and put some protection on them. Having a system that can compete is not based on the equipment that you use but more the install and the install has the greatest impact on how your equipment sounds.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are going to want to compete you may want to do something about the wiring. Tidy things up a bit and put some protection on them. Having a system that can compete is not based on the equipment that you use but more the install and the install has the greatest impact on how your equipment sounds.
Yeah, this was just a quick install. I never intended to compete until recently.

Do you have any suggestions on cable management?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yeah, this was just a quick install. I never intended to compete until recently.

Do you have any suggestions on cable management?
If you do decide to compete (or even if you don't) I would suggest becoming a member of one of the organizations and they will give you a rule book that outlines some of the things that they look for when judging install.

If that is where you would like to keep your equipment I would build a false floor. Build it an inch to an inch and a half high and tuck all your wires under there. You are on track so keep it going in the right direction. This is a great place to get ideas and feedback. Good luck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you do decide to compete (or even if you don't) I would suggest becoming a member of one of the organizations and they will give you a rule book that outlines some of the things that they look for when judging install.

If that is where you would like to keep your equipment I would build a false floor. Build it an inch to an inch and a half high and tuck all your wires under there. You are on track so keep it going in the right direction. This is a great place to get ideas and feedback. Good luck.
Thanks for the info. I finally pulled the trigger and joined iasca. Got the rule book coming - and the cool stickers!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts