DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a 1984 Jeep CJ7 that I am in the process of outfitting with some a/d/s equipment. i am doing this because i like good sound and I think it will be really fun :) I have a pair of a/d/s L300s I will mount on the rollbar, and a pair of a/d/s L520 home speakers. Those contain a 8'' driver and a tweeter. I will be dropping the 8'' drivers into 5-gallon bucket subs a la transcendent audio, and throwing the tweeters under the dash in place of the (pretty weak) 5 1/4'' speakers there now.

The whole thing will be powered by an a/d/s p840 amplifier that should work well for the job. Any advice or comments guys? I know using the home speakers in the jeep is a bit silly... but I'm ballin' on a budget.

I'm also debating building a knob/switch panel instead of buying a head unit. My current head unit is useless for hifi. I listen to only my phone via bluetooth or the radio, so if I good drop in an old 6-preset radio that has room leftover in the 1-DIN hole to add a bass adjustment and crossover adjustment knob or something that could work. I can hide a bluetooth reciever next to the amp no problem.

I look forward to making a build post one of these days!

Best,
84cj7

·
1,778 Posts
Welcome. Look forward to a build log

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! After some research, currently in the market for a DSP. I had no idea DSPs existed I've only worked with home audio before lol.

Probably miniDSP 6x8 or a Helix anything 8channel but the minis seem to be cheaper. Also trying to get my hands on some a/d/s 5.25s but they're pretty expensive as well :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts