DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here. Been lurking for a while, TONS of great reading here.
I guess this is an intro of sorts; also any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have been out of the game for a few years but looking to put something nice together for an F250 crew cab. I have some older equipment from an F150 I used to have that has just been sitting.

I'll be using an older Clarion DXZ956MC, Memphis M-class components and a leftover set of RF HX2's in 10" 4ohm DVC. (loved those subs)

I also have a JL300/4 but I think the front two channels are shot. I took it out a long time ago when the front doors started distorting really bad at anything above a whisper.

This stuff is almost "old school" gear I know, but I loved that deck.

I am looking for a single amp to power this stuff. Everything I have read on here keeps bringing me back to the Massive Audio Nano NX5. This seems to be a great choice for the price point. Just go ahead and source it? Or should I be looking at other options? (Can't afford the JL 900/5 right now)

Could it be too much for the Memphis M-class components? They are rated at 75w.

Also, when I ran this deck before it was a pretty standard setup. Could I run it 3-way and utilize more of it's features? It does have digital time alignment and a digital crossover... Anyone else still use this deck?

5.25 Components will likely be upgraded in a few months.....

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
That amp should be fine. I wouldn't worry too much about the amp. As long as you have a working amp of reasonable power, it's otherwise the least important part of the system by far.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Just pm'd "DAT" on here for a price on that amp... Dang that guy is quick! Killer price too!!!

Anyone else use that deck?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just ordered the Massive Audio NX5 from DAT! I'm stoked about this amp...

Killer price and stupid quick response from that guy! Kudos DAT!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess now I need to source some dynamat or some other sound damping. Anyone have a good recommendation for this? There isn't really much to choose from here locally, so looking for suggestions. Who's got the deals for that sort of thing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts