DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

New member, been lurking some over the last month. Decided to join. Just starting a new build in my new car. Its a 2018 charger scat pack. Looking to do a SQ system. Started sound deadening the entire car. Now trying to make up my mind on speakers, sub, and DSP. Currently have amplifiers I plan to reuse from my old system. Zapco St-4xSQ, ST-6XSQ, and ST-1000XM.

Keeping the stock head unit, adding a PAC AmpPro to get toslink to DSP, once I decide on one. Been looking at miniDSP, and Helix. Looking at Focal, Morel, and Audiofrog for speakers. I know I am going to do a 3 way setup in the front and a pair of coaxial speakers for rear fill. As far as sub, I have been debating between a single 15 in IB or a 12 in a sealed enclosure.

Anyway, back to researching and asking a few questions.

· Registered
1,902 Posts
Hello all.

New member, been lurking some over the last month. Decided to join. Just starting a new build in my new car. Its a 2018 charger scat pack. Looking to do a SQ system. Started sound deadening the entire car. Now trying to make up my mind on speakers, sub, and DSP. Currently have amplifiers I plant to reuse from my old system. Zapco St-4xSQ, ST-6XSQ, and ST-1000XM.

Keeping the stock head unit, adding a PAC AmpPro to get toslink to DSP, once I decide on one. Been looking at miniDSP, and Helix. Looking at Focal, Morel, and Audiofrog for speakers. I know I am going to do a 3 way setup in the front and a pair of coaxial speakers for rear fill. As far as sub, I have been debating between a single 15 in IB or a 12 in a sealed enclosure.

Anyway, back to researching and asking a few questions.

Welcome, those Zapco amps should work out well for you. Just run them unbridged at 4 ohms or be prepared to possibly install a fan. I hear they sound great though so you should be in good shape. One piece of advice on the amps, sub, and especially DSP- Do it right the first time. Buy a helix DSP or an ARC PS8. There are very few other options that you will not end up disappointed with.. and end up spending more time and money.

· Super Moderator
2,615 Posts
Welcome, sounds like you are going to have a well sounding, hi-quality system...!

Please keep us updated (with pics, if possible...)!

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I plan to post once I get some more of the gear, Currently doing sound deadening and laying out my amp rack design in Inventor, and plan to update the big 3 on the car soon as I am done with rolling our deadening material. Glad I found this Forum so far, tons of great info and its crazy the amount of help in just a couple days after registering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.