DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with either of the new XTR or HCCA Orion amps? I did a search and only found one thread about the XTR's but, it's alittle old and I believe the poster has since sold those amps.
I do know the XTR5004 received an excellent review from Gary Springgay at PAS Mag but, kinda interested in what daily users have to say. And yeah, I know they are a DEI product and the HCCA amps are now class D.

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
One of the members on this forum that I routinely keep in contact with ran the Orion XTR 4 channel and the Orion XTR monoblock in his Magnum. Without warning the Chinese manufactured 4 channel just up and died, and had to be replaced under warranty. While he stated that the Korean manufactured monoblock was solid, I wouldn't trust their Chinese manufactured class ab amplifiers.

In fact, the only Chinese manufactured amplifiers that I seemed to have any luck with came from Ubuy (Robert Zeff and friends) and JL Audio's build house. I had a similar experience with the Chinese (or was that Korean) manufactured DEI 4 channel amplifiers in the early to mid 2000s (2003 to 2005 or so), and wrote them off for my use.

Of course with that written, your luck may be better than mine and the other forum member that I spoke of.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, the XTR four channel is made in China but the monoblock is made in Korea? That seems odd that they would use two different build houses for the same line.
I've had good luck with the JL XD's and I think they were built in China.
Anyone else?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts