DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

New owner of a 1991 Bentley Turbo R - reverting to old school!

858 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  TheeKB 
#1 ·
Hi guys

I have bought my first Bentley! I’m over the moon with it but the audio experience is definitely lacking - unbefitting of a car like this!

First jobs will be to remove the new sony radio which looks way out of place and put back the original alpine unit. I would like to add Bluetooth, perhaps the easiest way will be to see if an CD autochanger exists and use the input for this for a Bluetooth module?

I’ll be starting a build log soon. My only experience with car audio was ripping apart my old Peugeot and wacking a big sub in the boot. Whilst I need a sub somewhere, the focus is to upgrade the sound quality of the speakers here, the only downside is there is about 6 of them just in the front!

Thanks

#2 ·
This could be a really fun build. Do you have a budget set? If you're willing to add a DSP then there is an amazing Denon Head unit for sale on here that should look right at home.

Don't feel obligated to fill every hole with a speaker. A good 2-way front can be exceptional, if you have the time, money and interest, you can do a 3-way front, but it isn't necessary for amazing sound.

#3 ·
This could be a really fun build. Do you have a budget set? If you're willing to add a DSP then there is an amazing Denon Head unit for sale on here that should look right at home.

Don't feel obligated to fill every hole with a speaker. A good 2-way front can be exceptional, if you have the time, money and interest, you can do a 3-way front, but it isn't necessary for amazing sound.
Noted, thank you, I'll take a look. No budget yet, I've created a build thread here:

#6 ·
I was sooo close to buying a ‘91 Red Turbo R over right over the Alabama line just north of Florida panhandle. Wasn’t sure I’d be able to afford maintenance so I’m sticking with my ‘06 Maxima SL and going to replace the valve body to see how many more miles I can get. Looking forward to pics and update on your build man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.