DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2009 Ford Ranger....and well, I am tired of stock.

So, I am looking into getting a set of componets (well a midbass and a tweeter).

I saw several pics of tweeters in the kick panel. I could support this as I refuse to cut the doors to this truck.

So, how does the kick compare to the a-pillar? I understand how this works in a car, but does it work differently in a truck because I sit a little more straight up versus leaned back.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I installed tweeters in the kick panels of my old montero sport with excellent results. The kicks helped keep the tweeters close to the mids in the doors. As a bonus, the factory mid baffles were sloped up towards the listener so minimal fab work was required to install them properly. After tuning, the soundstage was nice and high.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you use the angle mount and face them toward the opposite position? IE the driver tweeter angled to the "head" of the passenger seat? Did you leg block it?? I hear people say "No it doesn't" but my mind keeps thinking "How could it not?" Especially in the cramped quarters of a small truck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts