DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess i'm just looking for some suggestions. My previous install was in a 2008 Element w/ 3" tangband bamboos in the pillars and SLS 6.5's in the doors with a single old school boston pro 12.5. All powered from 2 zapco ref amps and a JL slash amp.

New install will be in a 2011 Honda Ridgeline.

Anyways I'm thinking about doing a simpler install this time (isn't that how it always starts!!) and sticking with the Eclipse CD7200 mkII, going to a single 5 channel or 6 channel amp. I would like to try class D this time specially for their small footprint size. Simple component set in the front and coax in the rear with a 1 or 2 ported 8's under the rear seat.

So that's about where I'm at now with planning :( Not sure if i want to go active again just because i would lose the rear fill in the cab (but is that really a bad thing? I wouldn't care but I do plan on having people in the rear seats etc.)

any suggestions on the plan so far? will I be happy with an 8" subwoofer? I've never really used them before honestly, I've also always pretty much used sealed boxes so I'm hoping the ported 8 would make up for that lol.

Also need to either pick out components or mids / tweets if i can be swayed to go active again!

-Chris

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hey Stoph,

I used a 5 channel JL Audio HD 900/5 in my ridgeline with lots of success! 6 IASCA trophies in 2 months (4 firsts). Lots of power and Class D just as you want.

You should look into it if you haven't already!

Here's my install in case u wanted to check it out:
Ridgeline  Project - Home

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Stoph,

I used a 5 channel JL Audio HD 900/5 in my ridgeline with lots of success! 6 IASCA trophies in 2 months (4 firsts). Lots of power and Class D just as you want.

You should look into it if you haven't already!

Here's my install in case u wanted to check it out:
Ridgeline *Project - Home
Yeah I've seen your RL on the ROC forums :D very nice!

I'm going to be running JL amps but the older slash amps since I already have a 300/4 and have a 500/1 coming for the subwoofers.

Someday I might look at changing out for a HD series amp though. I would love to try one out.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Those Slash amps are so solid and awesome...I would definitely use them!

The only big advantage in my opinion with the HD is the small footprint.
I NEED a small footprint for my project as I am upgrading from the 900/5 to a 750HD and two 600HD's!
Please keep me posted bro, love to see how your project unfolds!

Love the COLOR of your '11 Ridge!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts