DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Registered
That's pretty adorable, off axis response looks much more usable. Don't have to have them dead on as much as the sb29s.

You might even be good to get away with a 2k LR4 crossover in a smaller form factor.

Hope someone can put them to use sometime soon. Love to hear first hand responses.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, nice option imo. Not quite so huuuge, but most of the same nice aspects of the sb29. Low distortion, low Fs... Plus a bit better off axis response in this version.

Seems like a winner.

Registered
Nice, hopefully HiFi compass will test these. Should be a solid preformer given SB Acoustics/Satori's track record.

Actually they already did, looks very nice for their size. H2 is kind of high but not a deal breaker, very smooth and there are plenty of well received drivers with higher H2 levels. Odd order harmonics are below 55db at SPL of 98db around 2khz and drop from there. Very impressive for such a small relatively cheap tweeter. Also these sweeps are done with a 12db HPF at 800hz and 1500hz for the higher levels, once you add a HPF a bit higher up it will reduce distortion quite a bit. I'd be willing to try them from 2500hz-3000hz at 24db depending on listening levels.

Registered
I have the neo dome tweeters sb26stcn but these look like a nice replacement at a decent price. Lower sensitivity but literally have mine turned down to match my mids as it is

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.