DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Time to get rid of the stock system in my new(ish) Jeep. So here is my plan:

I know the H/U doesn't have much in the way of tuning, but I already own it so I'll use it for now.

I'm also going passive for now, partly because of budget but mostly because I don't have the experience or know-how for messing will all the active options.

So 6.5's in the factory location, tweets in the factory location in dash, off-axis. No rear fill. I already have the PDX2.150 to power the comps. And I can get the Odyssey for dealer cost and no shipping, so I figured...why not.

Opinions greatly appreciated. If you need any more info about the vehicle or my plans, I'm happy to offer

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
Its looks like you have already justified your reasons for what you plan to use, not really sure how much my opinion will help you taking into account your reasons.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its looks like you have already justified your reasons for what you plan to use, not really sure how much my opinion will help you taking into account your reasons.
Guess I'm just fishing for things like
" Don't use that sub in an SUV"

or

" I hate you and wish you would die"

you know, that kinda stuff

·
Registered
597 Posts
I would ditch the Pioneer head unit for an Alpine. I like Pioneer but if you're already running that much Alpine stuff you might as well switch.

and

" I hate you and wish you would die"

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll probably go Alpine when I decide to go active, but for now all of the H/U's I would want would double my cost.

Well lack of negative comments is pushing me towards buying.

For now, I plan on picking up enough Raamat and Ensolite for the front doors. If I find area's that need it I'll buy more.

I'm sure I'll have tons of questions as I go, so I'll start a build Log

1 - 7 of 7 Posts