DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there played with these yet? Other than a Euro audio mag review I haven't heard much about them. Supposed to be ultra high current and built for SQ!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool!, well I just got my samples in and hopefully well have time to play with them tonite.
Let's compare notes!
gf

·
Registered
53 Posts
Did you get the chance to hear them? How are they? They look pretty sick on the soundstream website

·
Registered
51 Posts
With the similarly low post counts of the first two posters and their location being Chicago (guessing Elk Grove, IL), I can't help but to have funny thoughts of it being the same guy talking to himself. :p

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you get the chance to hear them? How are they? They look pretty sick on the soundstream website
Been playin with them for about 6 weeks now,both in my display as well as in car testing. Very impressed with results and I have decided to use them in my SQ car. Was very impressed with overall tonal balance, midbass was very acurate with fast decay and no overhang. This amp has headroom! Midrange was warm and smooth and high freqs had sparkle. Noise floor was lowest of any amp I have ever heard. With zero data track and volume at 35 on an Alpine cd player you had to have your ear next to the speaker to detect only the slightest hint of noise which was probably coming from the headunit. My IASCA SQ competition is coming up in Vacaville, Ca next Saturday and were hoping to have the car done by then. If not then, shortly after. Been away on vacation, so I lost 10 days of time to work on it..oh well! Hoping to attend West Coast Regional also, if so you can check it out personally!
Peace!
gf

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With the similarly low post counts of the first two posters and their location being Chicago (guessing Elk Grove, IL), I can't help but to have funny thoughts of it being the same guy talking to himself. :p
Bad guess brother!:rolleyes: Nor Cal born and raised. Elk Gove, Ca.! Been to Chicago once on business though bout 8 years ago...man was it cold!:laugh:
gf

·
Registered
364 Posts
where's the show in vaca and when is it? im surprised i didn't hear about it

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
where's the show in vaca and when is it? im surprised i didn't hear about it
Audio Xperts in Vacaville, 807 Davis St. Suite J
Saturday Aug. 29th. 10-5
There's a thread in the sound-off section. Todd is in doing this show. Stop on by!
gf

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finished the install about 90% late Friday before IASCA Western Regionals and drove to Riverside, (arrived at 5 am). Got up at 7 am drove to event and did final tuning in parking lot. Came away with 2nd place in expert class and 4th place overall SQ ,missed 1st by 8 points and lost 22 points in install cause deck relocation trim wasn't finished! Ow well that's what happens when you show up not completely finished! Everyone who listened were amazed at the SQ and a lot of that is these Human Reign amps. I love them and there is nothing quieter with more headroom that I have heard.
Check out the video!

MotorMusicMag.com - The art & technology of the automobile - Videos
GF

·
I'm baaaack!!
4,397 Posts
Very impressive xA! I didn't realize how much custom work you put into that car. Looking forward to swinging by the shop sometime to BS.

Zach

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hell of an install, going from a 'faker':p to that in just a few posts! Some amazing work in that car, if it wasn't across the country I'd go out of my way to see it in person.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hell of an install, going from a 'faker':p to that in just a few posts! Some amazing work in that car, if it wasn't across the country I'd go out of my way to see it in person.
Thanks Brother!
If you go to CES in January you might see it there...I'll keep you posted!
GF

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
364 Posts
Zach, let's tag team that trip.

Vince, Glad to see the xA is done! I was the tall lanky guy who used to work with Scott Welch you met at the IASCA. I can't believe how nice it turned out. The car was tore up last time i saw it. Congrats man.

-Joey

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks Brother!
If you go to CES in January you might see it there...I'll keep you posted!
GF
First of all, fantastic install, some creative thinking there all in the name of SQ.

Great to hear some news about these amps, I am surprised they are not talked about more with their specs and design.

I will be at CES in January, flying over from Australia with a mate, I will be sure to keep an eye out for your car! Congrats on your IASCA results. :)

·
I'm baaaack!!
4,397 Posts
Zach, let's tag team that trip.

Vince, Glad to see the xA is done! I was the tall lanky guy who used to work with Scott Welch you met at the IASCA. I can't believe how nice it turned out. The car was tore up last time i saw it. Congrats man.

-Joey
Sounds good Joey. We'll have to bring the 2 xB's out to drool over the xA. LOL!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow! I just found this thread while researching the SS Human Reign amplifiers. Very nice install! Hope to see it at CES.

I think I will try the Human Reign amps on my personal car.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow! I just found this thread while researching the SS Human Reign amplifiers. Very nice install! Hope to see it at CES.

I think I will try the Human Reign amps on my personal car.
Thanks!
You will not be disappointed with these amps.
GF

1 - 20 of 21 Posts