DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 180 Posts

· Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I have some AMAZING news!!! I just received a new pair of speakers to test for SI. I’ll be comparing them to the TM65s I have installed in my doors. The first comparison will be back-to-back, only swapping the speakers. No settings will be changed. The second, I’m dropping the crossover to 40hz (subs off) to test the low end. The final will be a 2-way setup with M25s, with a crossover point at 2500hz. My complete system is: M25, M3 & TM65s up front with a pair of SQL-12s. The 25s & 3s are powered by an SIQ-125.4, the TMs by an SIQ-200.2 and the 12s by an SIQ-1500.1. Signal goes through a Helix Pro MK 2 and was tuned by Jason Carter. Without further ado, here are some pics of the new speaker compared to the TM65…enjoy😁!!!

Output device Sound box Camera accessory Audio equipment Electronic instrument

Water Liquid Fluid Gas Tints and shades

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Camera accessory Tread

· Registered
1,970 Posts
Sweet! Can't wait to hear your opinion on it

· Premium Member
2014 Audi A6 3.0T stage 2.
578 Posts
Saw the prototype in sept. Can’t wait for your thoughts

· Registered
5,773 Posts
@kmbkk

Interested to see how your doors hold up. ;)

1. What vehicle are these going into and what are the locations of your M3 and M25?

2. Any T/S specs and/or On-Axis & Off-Axis/Spinorama Frequency Response and Impedance plots for these? Nick has been utilizing Klippel data to develop his drivers for quite some time, so this data should be available.

3. Are these prototypes or final production versions?

4. Recommended Min and Max Power Rating?

5. Will they require the use of special mounting screws and washers to maintain warranty support? If so, are they supplied with the drivers?

6. Pricing per pair?

· Registered
807 Posts
5. Will they require the use of special mounting screws and washers to maintain warranty support? If so, are they supplied with the drivers?
Looks like mark has a video covering what to do if they’re not included:

(I haven’t watched the video I just feel like the timing of it releasing today is too damn perfect not to post)

Reactions: rimshot

· Premium Member
585 Posts
@kmbkk

2. Any T/S specs and/or On-Axis & Off-Axis/Spinorama Frequency Response and Impedance plots for these? Nick has been utilizing Klippel data to develop his drivers for quite some time, so this data should be available.
I know he recently posted that these were pre production models and another set was being sent off for the klippel testing.

· Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@kmbkk

Here are the answers as far as everything I know:

1. What vehicle are these going into and what are the locations of your M3 and M25?

2013 Scion FRS. The M25s are in the A-pillars, aimed between the front seats. The M3s are in the stock dash location, firing up. The TM8s will be in the doors.

Nick posted the original T/S specs a month ago. However, those were for the ones with the 3D-printed baskets. He sent one of these prototypes to Klippel as well. Should have results in a week or 2.

3. Are these prototypes or final production versions?

Technically they're prototypes. The reason I say that is the basket will have a flat finish, not glossy like these. It's only a cosmetic change, so my review and the Klippel results should be the same for the production versions.

4. Recommended Min and Max Power Rating?

I don't have a recommended min rating but SI says 150rms for the max.

I don't have a good answer for this but can check. I assume it'll be the same as the TM65s though.

6. Pricing per pair?

Pretty sure it'll be $499 per pair. I do know Nick is planning a discounted pre-sale though, around $399 a pair :)
Let me know if that helps (y)

· Registered
2,668 Posts
love to see the reviews of this 8.

I also wonder if down the line someone would allow a test between these and the JLs for a comparison. Even though those are no longer produced, many still consider those the measurement stick. Maybe Erins Audio Corner?

· Registered
3,996 Posts
The final will be a 2-way setup with M25s, with a crossover point at 2500hz.
Hey Kelly, hope life is treating you well!!

Definitely interested in your final thoughts with this pair, I was going to text Nick earlier and ask his thoughts on either this or paired with an M3. Starting to consider what I can do to improve the system in the CTS, since the doors can fit a 10" was thinking the TM8 + either M3 or M25 + sub + 5 channel amp might be the ideal simple set up in there.

· Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Kelly, hope life is treating you well!!

Definitely interested in your final thoughts with this pair, I was going to text Nick earlier and ask his thoughts on either this or paired with an M3. Starting to consider what I can do to improve the system in the CTS, since the doors can fit a 10" was thinking the TM8 + either M3 or M25 + sub + 5 channel amp might be the ideal simple set up in there.
Hey Ian, it is and hope the same for you! Jason Carter wants to do a 2-way tune for the 8 and the 3 and the 8 and the 25. I need to find time to meet him at Nick's to get it done, though. I'm especially interested in how it sounds without subs.

· Registered
647 Posts

· Registered
2,427 Posts
That's tough...been through one myself. The grieving process alone is hard, not to mention the logistics attached to it if applicable. Hope the best for him.
That video was rough. Tough to get through. I didn't.
Im 2 months out on a divorce myself.
Idk much about the grieving. She ain't dead. She just lives over there now. But splitting up stuff....
Good God just take what you think you can use. Leave the rest. Let me know when you're gone.....
Idk its all in how you look at things I guess.
Seems like he is taking it pretty hard though man.
Sucks. Really sucks.

· Registered
3,996 Posts
Hey Ian, it is and hope the same for you! Jason Carter wants to do a 2-way tune for the 8 and the 3 and the 8 and the 25. I need to find time to meet him at Nick's to get it done, though. I'm especially interested in how it sounds without subs.
Yep, all good here. Dang, wish Nick was not about 5 hours from here, would love to drive down and hang out.

· Registered
134 Posts
That video was rough. Tough to get through. I didn't.
Im 2 months out on a divorce myself.
Idk much about the grieving. She ain't dead. She just lives over there now. But splitting up stuff....
Good God just take what you think you can use. Leave the rest. Let me know when you're gone.....
Idk its all in how you look at things I guess.
Seems like he is taking it pretty hard though man.
Sucks. Really sucks.
Yeah, grieving all that time and energy you spent trying to fix the hopelessly broken. Then celebrating the fact that you aren't in charge of fixing it anymore..

I mean, I could be slightly jaded about this subject. lol

1 - 20 of 180 Posts