DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is another of our products in stock now and starting to ship next week. This is one of our High power high sensitivity midbass drivers the MB-8 2 ohm. Its intended for use in high end SQ systems or in portable rave style systems that really like to enjoy quality music reproduction. A very high sensitivity of 101 dB @ 2.83 volts or 95dB @ 1watt (1.4 volts) allow this driver to excel with very low distortion even at higher listening levels.With an Fo of 56 Hz and 1-way xmax of 5.5mm it is a capable driver good to 70 Hz at its full RMS power handling of 225 watts RMS.

Mounting depth 3.5"
Cutout diameter 7.125"

Attachments

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Nice! On sims they look really close to my 8mbx51, but with 2 ohms only.
And they seem to have a smoother response up high.
Well too late fore me, and they wouldn’t fit my doors with this big motor.

Eric, are your 10s ready?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where can we buy a set? Also interested in the component set that you posted a picture of on your FB page!
They will be available through retailer or direct from us. $98 each. We will have website up very soon or you can email or PM me.

The Component set will be available before June 15th

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice! On sims they look really close to my 8mbx51, but with 2 ohms only.
And they seem to have a smoother response up high.
Well too late fore me, and they wouldn’t fit my doors with this big motor.

Eric, are your 10s ready?
10" are finished but we started with the volume sizes first. I would estimate we will have the 10" available by end of the summer.

Its a dainty 5.25" magnet, come on it will fit ;) The NEO midbass drivers will come in a few months also.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
10" are finished but we started with the volume sizes first. I would estimate we will have the 10" available by end of the summer.

Its a dainty 5.25" magnet, come on it will fit ;) The NEO midbass drivers will come in a few months also.
Ok, It gives me time to kill my beymas :p
The 10s are NEO right? (as seen in another thread)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Will there be a coaxial horn 8" and 10" version? I think I saw someone else link an image of a prototype from you in the Co-ax midbass/horn speakers thread post #10 in the HLCD section of the forums. I thought they would be easy to install. I can't link the thread because of post count.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Will there be a coaxial horn 8" and 10" version? I think I saw someone else link an image of a prototype from you in the Co-ax midbass/horn speakers thread post #10 in the HLCD section of the forums. I thought they would be easy to install. I can't link the thread because of post count.
I dont have plans to add a Coax version at this time, as we expand it is certainly a possibility.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
They will be available through retailer or direct from us. $98 each. We will have website up very soon or you can email or PM me.

The Component set will be available before June 15th
Do you have any more info/specs on the SP6 component set? I'm looking for a new component set to install in my new 4runner. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Matt R

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
From your facebook it looks like the components dont use the High sensitivity midbass but an ID derived one? Wanting to know what you suggest for a 2 way

1 - 20 of 138 Posts