DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sundown Audio release the SIA about meh like 8 months ago, I've purchased most of them I plan on collecting all of them in time. There is SIA 1250, 2500, 3500, and soon 5000.

So-far all these amplifiers are Full Bridge monsters, vs the SFB they now are metal bass knobs, and better power supplies

The new acronym "SIA" means "Sundown Intelligent Amplifier" -- meaning that the amplifier regulates the output so it is pretty consistent between 1 ohm and 2 ohm. The second advantage is that the Intelligent circuit helps prevent damage if accidentally wired down too low by the end-user (we do not officially endorse operation under 1 ohm still).

Rectangle Audio equipment Line Font Bumper

Sundown Audio SIA 3500:

The Sundown SIA 2500D is another beast of an amplifier:
Motor vehicle Bumper Font Audio equipment Gas

Sundown Audio SIA-2500

Sundown Audio SIA -1750

Rectangle Font Electronic device Audio equipment Multimedia

1 X 1750 WATTS RMS @ 1 OHM (14.4VDC)
1 X 1750 WATTS RMS @ 2 OHMS (14.4VDC)
1 X 1250 WATTS RMS @ 4 OHMS (14.4VDC)
(W X H X D) 9.5” X 2.75” X 7.625″

Automotive tire Tire Camera accessory Line Font

The Sundown Audio SIA - 1250

The era of smart full-bridge technology is here! 🧡

· Registered
11 Posts
The new SIA amplifiers are, in my opinion, the best full-bridge amps out there. The new technology that basically makes them “idiot proof” is awesome.

I couldn’t tell you how many people I’ve encountered that trashed the SFB for failing, when it was their lack of electrical support. What most people don’t realize is that full-bridge amps are extremely sensitive to voltage changes. If the voltage drops just a bit, the amp can malfunction or even burn itself down.

I recently got myself the SIA-3500.1D and so far it’s been amazing. Because I have limited space in my car, the footprint and power of the SIA amp is just what I was looking for.

· Registered
2010 HHR
1,791 Posts
Price seems decent on the 1700w for the footprint it has. I bet it's more efficient than a typical class d mono as well. Just wish it had a plastic knob with temp readout. Don't care about voltage or the knob being metal.

Also the 1250 will push 1800 rms all day? That's not bad...

Eagerly waiting the amp dyno results and amperage draw ratings for each amp.

· Registered
2,636 Posts
Ive heard good and bad about the sundown amps. Even had a recent discussion with our local dealer and he provided some general feedback to me. I was not a buyer but was amazed at the size when I was in the shop. He mentioned that a few have come back but basically the customers blew them up. His words, some customers are trying to do crazy stuff with these and they end up coming back. I think lack of electrical may be a contributing factor. They will do rated power and more. They have done some swap out to some class D amps over to the Sundown and installers all noticed the Sundown seemed louder/put out more power than the amps they replaced. Not the cleanest amps but for price, footprint, and power output, they move several based on the customer. They were a little worried about build quality (in your hand they seem not solid if that makes sense) but the returns dont seem to be anything related to product defect. He doesnt have hesitation selling the amps based on the customer and their goals.

· Registered
2010 HHR
1,791 Posts
Ive heard good and bad about the sundown amps. Even had a recent discussion with our local dealer and he provided some general feedback to me. I was not a buyer but was amazed at the size when I was in the shop. He mentioned that a few have come back but basically the customers blew them up. His words, some customers are trying to do crazy stuff with these and they end up coming back. I think lack of electrical may be a contributing factor. They will do rated power and more. They have done some swap out to some class D amps over to the Sundown and installers all noticed the Sundown seemed louder/put out more power than the amps they replaced. Not the cleanest amps but for price, footprint, and power output, they move several based on the customer. They were a little worried about build quality (in your hand they seem not solid if that makes sense) but the returns dont seem to be anything related to product defect. He doesnt have hesitation selling the amps based on the customer and their goals.
Sundown made a solid name for itself with the Korean class d saz line. Iirc they would go down to .5 daily and .25 with some high knowledge.

No doubt this notoriety was unfortunately carried onto the new amplifiers with a different technology. I have no doubt that sundown is as solid as ever, unless they changed ownership. I don't have any sundown now, because of the prices. But it's always been my favorite brand.

· Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2,519 Posts
spill the beans.
Yes please! I mean OP is kinda one dimensional as far as posting here but maybe he's just a fanboy? Do tell...

· Registered
1,010 Posts
I mean, I AM just assuming, but it seems extremely likely, based on the structure and elevated verbiage of the initial two posts, the fact that both initial posters created their accounts within a month of each other, the fact that neither had made a single post in the past 4 months prior, yet both came out of slumber for this thread, that neither have disputed my claim so far, and that most of the post these two accounts have made in the past mention sundown products. its been over 24hrs and neither have replied, most typical forum users dont make a thread then abandon it. Im always open to being wrong, but i quantify the universe by compiling data and forming an assessment, reassessing as new data is made available. so far, all data points to shill thread for shills is full of shills and smells shilly.

· Registered
11,353 Posts
I mean, I AM just assuming, but it seems extremely likely, based on the structure and elevated verbiage of the initial two posts, the fact that both initial posters created their accounts within a month of each other, the fact that neither had made a single post in the past 4 months prior, yet both came out of slumber for this thread, that neither have disputed my claim so far, and that most of the post these two accounts have made in the past mention sundown products. its been over 24hrs and neither have replied, most typical forum users dont make a thread then abandon it. Im always open to being wrong, but i quantify the universe by compiling data and forming an assessment, reassessing as new data is made available. so far, all data points to shill thread for shills is full of shills and smells shilly.
and they are also both in this thread too. you might be on to something.

· Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2,519 Posts
Staying tuned… I love a good sleuth story! The plot thickens.

· Registered
15 Posts
As far as the SALT, SFB and the SCV series Big D has dyno'd their offerings and they seem to make or usually exceed rated power. Maybe Jacob (hint hint if you're one of the first few posters) can send Big D one of these SIA amps, I would love to see how they perform with independent testing.

Big D did manage to fry the 5 channel SFB-1800.5D but as he admitted he ran it below rated. See the 15:28 minute mark:

· Registered
1,901 Posts
All the sundown amps Ive researched were great except for the SFB which have a lot of reports of catching on fire.. a good amp will go into protect before blowing up if you abuse it.. not saying you should.. but hopefully this SIA series has fixed some of the shortcomings of the SFB.. at the end of the day though these are budget amps…

if you want a high quality smart power amp kicker has been making cxa and kxa series amps that produce close to the same power at 1 and 2 ohms.. same with Rockford Fosgate. or the JL HD series which produces almost exactly the same power at 1.5-4ohms.

I wouldn’t in a million years take one of these over a Kicker KXA2400.1 or a Rockford t2500bdcp. Those amps are tanks and will last you a lifetime.

· Registered
2,636 Posts
and they are also both in this thread too. you might be on to something.

my friends I believe you may be correct

· Registered
2010 HHR
1,791 Posts
Everyone still thinks the new sundown amps are the same older .25 stable amps I guess.

100% agree with the shill comments.

Who the **** collects every new amp that comes out?

Reactions: zak and Freeonej
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.