DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old setup was an Eclipse 8053, Xetec 4G600Mk2, MB Quart QTC25 1" Titanium Dome Tweeters and Phaze Audio MW64 6.5" Mids.
Here's the new setup. Should be installed in about a week or so...

Think it'll sound alright? :confused: :)

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Looks like an awesome setup with alot of potential.

Personally, I would have put more emphasis on the processing with maybe a modded Behringer, or carputer with DRC. You can do so much with a good processor that after awhile you stop swapping drivers ;)

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
atomicquad said:
I like the setup, but why the JL sub?
Why not?

I picked it up dirt cheap and will make a nice profit when time to sell. But for the time being, I've been told it's a pretty good sq sub.

Not a DIY sub but eh, no biggie.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
npdang said:
Looks like an awesome setup with alot of potential.

Personally, I would have put more emphasis on the processing with maybe a modded Behringer, or carputer with DRC. You can do so much with a good processor that after awhile you stop swapping drivers ;)
I don't really think I'm advanced/skilled enough to use one of those units and make it sound right.

When I had the 8053 I didn't really use any eq anyways :l

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, but I DO plan on adding a carputer, and using the optical input from the Clarion to get input from the Carputer. I'll still do the crossovers from the Clarion. I'll probably end up going with the H701 + Carputer when I sell this truck and do a 5.1 setup with the Audison amp in car.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Hey man thats assuming I actually sent you the CA18s, what if I scammed you out of the NEXT amp?

Just joking, I wouldnt do something that low and scandalous...just wanted to get a rise outta ya.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think I'll go to the meet, if I can. It's the 27th? THIS sunday? Hmm. I'm going to be in los angeles a part of the weekend, but I think I can make it.

-cris

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
what happened to the next amps cam???

·
Registered
757 Posts
I would've loved to run some high end amps too, but the bulk of my budget is going to end up going to the H/U, processing, and sound deadening, lol

I can't wait to try out these NEXT amps I got. Hopefully they end up being a great "budget" amp!

·
Ignorance is Bliss
181 Posts
I think your gonna need another amp for your sub. Your gonna want to bridge 4 channels on yoru audison down to 2 to feed enough powers on your 8 ohm drivers.

That's what i ended up doing with my Diamond D7056, now it has a D7152 companion in the trunk =p

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It would have been enough. The Audisons front channels aren't bridgeable.

But none of that matters anymore, It's all totally different, see the post right before yours that bumped this page up lol. :)

·
Ignorance is Bliss
181 Posts
but you could of had 2 audison's side by side.... lol

i'm in the opposite boat your in. I have everythign installed, just no processor/headunit yet. can't fricking make up my mind on what to buy. the clarion is the golden bullet, but its too exensive compared to the eclipse which basically does everything it does....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts