DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been out the game for a very long time. thanx to divorces and lay-offs. im looking to build an sql system specifically for metal. i want solid kick-drum up front that will take your breathe away. i want to feel like im inside a drum set live... on stage. i almost got that sound with some idq8's and id compression drivers. not wanting to do a crazy install... like totally rebuilding doors and cutting up kick panels and a-pillars. my budget for everything is $3,500. i need mids, tweets, subs, and amps. probably gonna use my old alpine 9835 and audio control DQX. would like to save up for bit one or something similar. the car is a 2006 maxima. i have no problem with filling the trunk with subs. ok. thanx :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not sure how well alumapro does at the moment but my 10" alchemys are about 8 years old and still kicking. Amazing sound with metal. Could keep up with speed metal and you could feel it. Other great thing is that alchemys work well with .75cuft. so you don't even have to fill your trunk. Might want to check them out.

I did just recently pick up a new HU as well and while I haven't gotten all of my system in it sounds amazing anyway. It's a Kenwood BT901. Doesn't have a CD drive but controls zune and ipod directly. 6v preouts for front, rear, and sub.

Hope this helps. I also swear by CDT for mid range. I have a 3-way classic and I am probably going to try and pick up another before I complete my install.

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure how well alumapro does at the moment but my 10" alchemys are about 8 years old and still kicking. Amazing sound with metal. Could keep up with speed metal and you could feel it. Other great thing is that alchemys work well with .75cuft. so you don't even have to fill your trunk. Might want to check them out.

I did just recently pick up a new HU as well and while I haven't gotten all of my system in it sounds amazing anyway. It's a Kenwood BT901. Doesn't have a CD drive but controls zune and ipod directly. 6v preouts for front, rear, and sub.

Hope this helps. I also swear by CDT for mid range. I have a 3-way classic and I am probably going to try and pick up another before I complete my install.

hmmm... back in the day i ran with cdt euro sports. i was fond of the tweeters but the mids were lacking on kick-drum. the midrange was decent. i'm willing to do an active 3-way. a dedicated midbass in the doors. for amps i think the leviathan on paper looks promising. i'd probably bridge channels 1-4 for the midbass drivers and run the other the other 2 channels for the midrange and tweets. i guess an active hybrid lol

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i guess i need suggestions for midbass drivers that dont have deep dimensions and some components. whats everybodies take on the jl 8" mids?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
HAT L6SE for mids/mid bass you can run them active band passed from 80-2000 @24db
I might even run them with just a cut off at 80, with a nice set of Focal tweets coming in at 4.5k makes for great staging

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HAT L6SE for mids/mid bass you can run them active band passed from 80-2000 @24db
I might even run them with just a cut off at 80, with a nice set of Focal tweets coming in at 4.5k makes for great staging

i shouldve noted that im not a fan of hat... sorry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts