DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just joined the forum today, i found your site following a link from an australian car audio website.

my experience with car audio isn't much but i have owned a pair of diamond audio 5.25" hex splits (s500a) in the past after hearing a set at a car audio store, i bought them second hand.

i was quite happy with them but since i have sold my tantrum 600.4 and DA splits and now am about to purchase a pg titanium 600.4 which will allow an 'active' set up.

i'm definately more into SQ than SPL and i thought the diamonds sounded awesome.

i've been reading this forum and am curious to know about the LPG + Seas CA18 combo i keep hearing about. and how different the set up will sound to a HEX or Dynaudio 240GT setup. These two components go for about $410 USD second-hand. If i were to spend $410 USD on a 'DIY' set up using the 600.4 will i achieve a better bang-for-buck sound ?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I certainly agree....havn't had the chance to get a pair of home speakers into the car yet but i deffinently agree. And this is just a compairison of most mainstream HT setups out there, and what can be done with a little knowledge patience and the search for high end sound. My HT sounds awesome, DIY speakers all the way.

Tons of info about alot of different things here.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks guys,

i have a few questions .. how does the common CA18RNX + LPG 25NFA set up compare with a pair of DYN 240 GTs and Diamond Audio's HEX components ?

secondly, is the Phoenix Gold ZX450 a suitable amp to power an active setup.

thirdly, how does dynamat extreme compare with the popular raanmat deadening product ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.