DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current Setup
HU: Jensen Flip out.... planning on going to Pioneer 800prs or another tv unit with great SQ options if u know of a tv unit with good sq options let me kno...

Comps: CDT HD-62
Front stage amp: Kicker zx650.4

Rear: stock
Subs: (2) 12" DD2512 .... planning on switching to (2) 12" ID max ported
Sub amp: Sundown Saz1500d

Lend your opinions on my setup as far as SQ goes I'm looking to get into SQ I know my current subs and HU aren't SQ @ all hence why I'm changing...

And I'm just looking for general in depth info on SQ basics like 2way vs 3 way... xovers... adjusting HU for best sq.... etc etc I have searched the forum and the info I've found isn't satisfying my need for knowledge can u guys help me out with ur knowledge or some links...

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
It seems like you have a lot more searching and reading to do. The info is definitely there if you know what to search for.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ohhh u have an idmax lol... tell me about it and make me drool lol...

1. is my choice of gear good for a SQ setup?

2. in depth diff between 2way and 3 way

3. explain "active" i kno its like manually setting the xover unlike passive but not sure i grasp the concept

4. how to adjust settings on pioneer 800prs for eq etc etc..

5. diff frequency points and stuff??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ohhh u have an idmax lol... tell me about it and make me drool lol...

1. is my choice of gear good for a SQ setup?

2. in depth diff between 2way and 3 way

3. explain "active" i kno its like manually setting the xover unlike passive but not sure i grasp the concept

4. how to adjust settings on pioneer 800prs for eq etc etc..

5. diff frequency points and stuff??

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
I'll start...

If SQ is your ultimate goal... the first thing to know is that equipment doesn't matter. System planning, install, tuning, and most importantly ROOM correction are what you need to consider. That's not to say that "equipment" per se isn't important, but rather than looking at price tags or "reputation," what you want to be doing is thinking about 1) how easy is it to setup 2) how well does this gear work together 3) and will it suit my vehicle's acoustics, mounting positions, and listening preferences?

In other words, the idea that you can "buy" SQ by simply picking "good" equipment is a fallacy.

As far as the gear you've listed, I can't say whether or not those are good choices because I don't know what the end goal is, nor am I familiar with your vehicle's acoustics, your desired mounting locations, or your user preferences. "SQ" is a very broad term if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well thanx for enlightening me... i have a 2005 toyota camry and i dont like the accoustics...

the sound im going for is i really want the high notes to stand out in the music i listen too (rap) i would also like my subwoofers to blend in nicely with the midranges and tweeters. i want to be able to change the bass on my component speakers without changing the bass on my subwoofers also....

i would like my music to sound great with no distortion which i dont really have now.

my mounting places are going to be in custom kicks when i build them for my front stage but for now in stock door panels along with tweeters... i plan on putting 2 tweeters on the dash pointing towards the rear of the car. subwoofers in the trunk.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well thanx for enlightening me... i have a 2005 toyota camry and i dont like the accoustics...

the sound im going for is i really want the high notes to stand out in the music i listen too (rap) i would also like my subwoofers to blend in nicely with the midranges and tweeters. i want to be able to change the bass on my component speakers without changing the bass on my subwoofers also....

i would like my music to sound great with no distortion which i dont really have now.

my mounting places are going to be in custom kicks when i build them for my front stage but for now in stock door panels along with tweeters... i plan on putting 2 tweeters on the dash pointing towards the rear of the car. subwoofers in the trunk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts