DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just getting back into the car audio scene and I need some help from you guys. I am starting to put together a sytem that includes: Hu- Clarion HX-D10 w/ the DPH910 processor, Amp- Directed 400( 125x2), Sub- ID8v3, Focal Polyglass tweets(TN-45) w/Polyglass x-overs and a set of Pioneer Reference 6 3/4 mids that can be found here: http://www.pioneer-eur.com/eur/product_detail.jsp?product_id=716&taxonomy_id=25-131 My friend gave me the Focal tweets and x-overs along w/ the mids so I would like to use these together if at all possible. Should I run the tweets off the Polyglass x-overs and buy an active x-over for the mids or run them both active? I can't find much info on the pioneer mids (other than they retailed for around $300)and am not sure where to cross them over at. Little confused on how this whole active thing works. Any help you guys could give me would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah going active with that setup is the way to go. Get a 4 channel amp and use 2 of the channels for the tweets and the other 2 for the mids. Since you already have the passive for the tweets you can try using that as a reference to where you want to have the mid crossed over.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
All active. It's actually much easier than trying to figure out a passive. Once you know what a highpass and lowpass filter are, and attenuation -6db/12db/18db/24db etc. you just need to push buttons till it sounds the way you like it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking at the orion 8004 that has a 2 way active x-over built in. What do you guys think of this amp? Anyone have any experience w/ it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts