DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Strange that there's no mention of a "new" version of the SE on RE's site, and no information at all about an "SEX" model.
Woofers - RE AUDIO
Also strange that all the specs listed are exactly the same as the regular SE12D2, and their pictures are clearly of SE subs.

That being said, I'm running a pair of RE SE12D4s and they're phenomenal subs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
agreed. I called tech support, and they confirmed that the new version has the exact same specs, except for a slightly larger cutout diameter. I think it's also been documented on these forums that RE does a poor job updating their website. I'll let you all know when I get the sub whether this is bogus or not.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, just called tech support again to confirm this. The SEX series is the new SE stuff.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Yeah, SE's are nice subs. I used to run a SE12 D4, I liked it. I have one of the "new" SE10's. I thought they just changed the logo on the cone, but who knows.

·
Registered
745 Posts
It seem that RE is capitalizing on the forum-famous SE/XXX hybrids; commonly referred to as SEX or SEXX.

·
Registered
715 Posts
It seem that RE is capitalizing on the forum-famous SE/XXX hybrids; commonly referred to as SEX or SEXX.
Can anyone provide a link to a review or commentary on this sub? I must say, I'm intrigued! Probably not the new, just released sub, but the older hybrids.

And yes, I've tried searching; RE Audio apparently returns too many results (excluding "RE" from the search, apparently), and searching for SE/XXX or SEXXX returns some results that are ah...off topic. :D

Just a quick link or two would be welcomed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Its an SE motor w/ XXX softparts...we're talking about the last model XXX (one of my all time fav subs). I have a BNIB SeXXX sitting beside my couch right now...I can't wait to get it installed

·
Registered
768 Posts
I think they just added the x at then end of the old part numbers. they basket is also different not. and both the new and the old look nice. It seems that the surround is more foam based now from feel, but have not listened to them yet.

·
Registered
715 Posts
So, are these a good deal then? I see retail is about $300, so is $150 a good deal, and anything below that highway robbery?

Edit: I've read a few reviews of the old SE12s. Very impressive.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I would prolly say the ed ov2 is a better deal if you can get them for 75

·
Registered
715 Posts
I would prolly say the ed ov2 is a better deal if you can get them for 75
Thanks for the tip. I"ll look into these as well. But these REs might be what I get if I can get the price to certain range. Otherwise - those EDs and those Phoenix Gold RSDC subs are tempting - and I can two of either of those for the price of one RE SE/X 12.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I'm still like 2 minutes away from "Making an Offer" on ebay for an SE10, coming in at less than $150 shipped...maybe even $120 shipped with an offer?

Picking up a PG before the end of June is also a given :)

·
Registered
715 Posts
I'm still like 2 minutes away from "Making an Offer" on ebay for an SE10, coming in at less than $150 shipped...maybe even $120 shipped with an offer?

Picking up a PG before the end of June is also a given :)
Maybe less than that...*crossing fingers*

But yeah, I'm checking the piggy bank to see if I can get PGs too.

Oh no, the addiction is happening again...just when I'd almost unloaded all the gear I had been hoarding. :(

·
Registered
745 Posts
Its an SE motor w/ XXX softparts...we're talking about the last model XXX (one of my all time fav subs). I have a BNIB SeXXX sitting beside my couch right now...I can't wait to get it installed
Weren't you a member of SI.n? There was quite a few reviews there of those speakers. I could have swore I recieved an email about the site comming back up, also. :D

·
Registered
768 Posts
I run the re se subs and really like them but dont rule out the ED subs they are very nice too and at that price are super nice,

1 - 20 of 31 Posts