DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
I've been wanting to change the stock wheels and tires on my car for quite some time and finally decided to try some.
Here are some pictures:

A close up.

It's a new model called "What to do when you get a flat tire 40 miles from home and you let the key to the wheel locks at home". :evil:
More pics of the scene.

Just called a couple of tire places and they don't have the tire in stock because it's only made for that care and it cost's $250.
I ordered and have to wait 3-5 days to get it here.
All in all, it was a great day.

Jorge.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to call a friend to go to my home in Mexico and bring it to me.
I had the key in the car, but took it out last sunday when I was playing with the install.:mad:

Jorge.

·
Banned
244 Posts
if you ever wind up in San Antonio again feel free to get with me, i get a pretty good wheel/tire discount from a friend of mine.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if you ever wind up in San Antonio again feel free to get with me, i get a pretty good wheel/tire discount from a friend of mine.
Thanks.
These cars can take up to 22 inch wheels if you use rubber bands for tires.

Jorge.

·
Banned
244 Posts
22's with tires...about $1200-1400 out the door depending on tire brand and finish of wheel

·
Banned
244 Posts
let me know...i need to make plans for that dental work. i found a dentist from Piedras that has an office here where he does xrays/estimates and then meets clients in Piedras for the actual work. feel free to drop me a line next time you come up.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
my spare lock uses the same key i use to start the truck. consider this a lesson learned jorge:p

and sidewall DOES serve a purpose so i wouldn't go anything over 18's on that car.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
let me know...i need to make plans for that dental work. i found a dentist from Piedras that has an office here where he does xrays/estimates and then meets clients in Piedras for the actual work. feel free to drop me a line next time you come up.
Nice.
I have family there.
If you need a hotel room, let me know.
I can get you very good prices on the local Holiday Inn.

Jorge.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my spare lock uses the same key i use to start the truck. consider this a lesson learned jorge:p

and sidewall DOES serve a purpose so i wouldn't go anything over 18's on that car.
Oh, I learned my leson Hillbilly.
And I just found the tire at my local dealer for $169 installed, so not to bad.
I do plan on getting new wheels and tires but definitely not 22's.
20's should work pretty good and still keep enough sidewall.

Jorge.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
Oh, I learned my leson Hillbilly.
And I just found the tire at my local dealer for $169 installed, so not to bad.
I do plan on getting new wheels and tires but definitely not 22's.
20's should work pretty good and still keep enough sidewall.

Jorge.
long as you watch out for potholes you should be ok. the stock 17's on my ride are perfect and refuse to run anything less than 8-ply tires:pslate will slice right through a normal street tire especially when pulling a heavy boat up a hill that's made of it:mad:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
long as you watch out for potholes you should be ok. the stock 17's on my ride are perfect and refuse to run anything less than 8-ply tires:pslate will slice right through a normal street tire especially when pulling a heavy boat up a hill that's made of it:mad:
Totally agree.
The heaviest thing my car tows is me.;)
And the roughest terrain it goes thru is Mexico's streets.;)
But still, I wouldn't want to damage a 22 inch wheel on a pothole.

Jorge.

·
Banned
244 Posts
i dunno, my good friends run 24's on their daily drieven tahoes and some of our hotrods ride around on 20-22's as well. no issues and we travel over crappy loacal and reginal roads.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i dunno, my good friends run 24's on their daily drieven tahoes and some of our hotrods ride around on 20-22's as well. no issues and we travel over crappy loacal and reginal roads.
Do you mind asking your friend about 20's wheels and tires?
22's in Mexico roads are a no, no.

Jorge.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts