DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys new to the forum and car audio self install in general. i have a 2014 ram 1500 with a base radio system that has the larger touchscreen head unit which i plan to keep. im upgrading the trucks door speakers with some rockford fosgate 3 way 6x9's and adding a 10" kicker comprt 1 ohm. i got a skar 600-5 channel amp with the 5th (sub) channel being 1 ohm stable. my gameplan with the basic knowledge and research ive made is to take out the head unit and with a T-Tap tap into the factory speaker level wires, and run it down to the amp with a 4 channel line output converter , to supply signal to channels 1-4. run the speaker wire output from the amp for channels 1-4 and run back to the factory speaker wire and t-tapping back into the line inches after the initial tap to run to the amp. i plan to receive the output for the back doors (lets say channel 3-4) and t tap into those and run back into the amp via a 2 channel line output converter for channel 5 and use that to power the subwoofer. my concerns are with the tapping into the lines behind head unit. is the tapping without cutting the wires sufficient or do i have to cut completely run it to amp and then tie the other end of factory wiring with the post amp wires. i would obviously try to avoid completely cutting the wires but if the t-taps wont work i guess i have no option. also will my idea of branching off channels 3-4 to feed the input for the 5th channel work.

·
Banned
763 Posts
i have a 2014 ram 1500 with a base radio system that has the larger touchscreen head unit which i plan to keep.

My Parts:
  • Front Door speakers Rockford Fosgate 3 way 6x9's
  • 10" kicker comprt 1 ohm.
  • Skared 600-5 channel amp with the 5th (sub) channel being 1 ohm stable.

my gameplan with the basic knowledge and research ive made is to take out the head unit and with a T-Tap tap into the factory speaker level wires, and run it down to the amp with a 4 channel line output converter , to supply signal to channels 1-4.

run the speaker wire output from the amp for channels 1-4 and run back to the factory speaker wire and t-tapping back into the line inches after the initial tap to run to the amp.

NONONONOONNONNONNONONONONOONNONONONONONONONONNONOONONONONO
i plan to receive the output for the back doors (lets say channel 3-4) and t tap into those and run back into the amp via a 2 channel line output converter for channel 5 and use that to power the subwoofer.
NONONONONONONONONONONONONNOONONONOONONONONONONONONONONONO

my concerns are with the tapping into the lines behind head unit. is the tapping without cutting the wires sufficient or do i have to cut completely run it to amp and then tie the other end of factory wiring with the post amp wires?

i would obviously try to avoid completely cutting the wires but if the t-taps wont work i guess i have no option.

also will my idea of branching off channels 3-4 to feed the input for the 5th channel work.

================================================================================================================================================================================

·
Banned
763 Posts

Intermediate

You will bedoing the top only. The amps I suggest have a built in sub woofer switch.

BIG 3

Many Anal Battery terminals.

How to make your harness

How too solder

How to join cable.

How to deaden your car and get what you pay for.
INCREASE MID BASS! How to Sound Deaden Like a Pro - CarAudioFabrication

1 - 3 of 3 Posts