DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys. as you can see i m new here. would like to pick ur brains for suggestion. i have 3 old school amps

Soundstream USA 204
Soundstream USA 120.4
Orion HCCA 225 Competition amp and X-over

i am planning to mount them in false floor of my car. USA 204 already has a glass back and i was thinking of doing the same with the rest of the two i.e. take the back cover off and mount em like that. my question is, will it effect heat dissipation? i m going to put a plexi over em and maybe a few LEDs to accent em. since they are going to be in a false floor, i am concerned with the heat.

Secondly i have recently purchased P90RS combo from pioneer and planning to run it full active. i have pioneer TSD1720c components and i want to add a mid to it. i was thinking of using mids from jamo speakers (from Home theater because it is really hard to find stuff like that over here plus its expensive) the mids are 4". what should be my crossover points?

i want to access my spare wheel as well as we have punctures from time to time. has anyone done a hinged false floor that he can share pics of for an idea?

i have a suzuki baleno 2001, same as aerio model in USA i think.

any help in this regard would be much appreciated. :D

·
Banned
60 Posts
sounds like a great project, as far as the heat goes on the amps i'd suggest hooking up some computer fans to circulate the air, maybe one or two blowing air in the false floor and one or two blowing air out, that way you have a full cycle of fresh air. you can pick some up, even LED fans on Ebay for like $2 us. the led fan would save you the trouble of adding additional led's. i'll leave the rest to the experts... best of luck

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
anytime you mount an amp upside down or inside of something, you HAVE to cool it... in terms of the 225, it's a nuclear power plant if you ohm it down, which means MAD heat.. can you deal?

AFA "adding" a mid to your components set, don't do it... it's not going to help AT ALL.. in fact, it'll likely skew your sound... WHY you ask, because it's not designed for it... it's designed the way it's designed, unless you plan on US and/or you re-engeniering the whole thing...

That's why people run active, running active, you make the crossovers to what you want..

So you CAN add the mid, you'll just need to run 4way active to be able to hope to intigrate it... ever run active?

Consider your next steps wisely...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anytime you mount an amp upside down or inside of something, you HAVE to cool it... in terms of the 225, it's a nuclear power plant if you ohm it down, which means MAD heat.. can you deal?

AFA "adding" a mid to your components set, don't do it... it's not going to help AT ALL.. in fact, it'll likely skew your sound... WHY you ask, because it's not designed for it... it's designed the way it's designed, unless you plan on US and/or you re-engeniering the whole thing...

That's why people run active, running active, you make the crossovers to what you want..

So you CAN add the mid, you'll just need to run 4way active to be able to hope to intigrate it... ever run active?

Consider your next steps wisely...
i AM planning this system to be 4 way active. i have P90 combo (DEX and DEQ). my components are pioneer 1720c (not the best of the lot but all i can find and afford at the moment).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have started the work on my system and will be posting pics of it as well. just a couple of questions.

i want to put the tweeters of my pioneer 1720c components in a spherical pod. i want to know

what size pods to make for the tweeters.

would they be best on axis or off axis.

can i put the mids on different axis then the tweeters

thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts