DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some background info.....
Newly install system in a 2018 M3 with H/K system
Had a local shop do the remove and replace/sans the headunit (needed it to be Plug and Play for a lease)
Audison Bit-DMI
Audison F8.9 AMP/DSP
3 sets of Focal BMW IS-100
CH 1-2Front Dr,
CH 3-4Rear Dr
CH 5-6 Rear Deck
Ch 7-8 Under seats Focal isubs-bmw-2ohm

In the trunk I have a JL Audio 12w6v3 in a wedge box powered by a JL audio 750/1 amp
Tuning is set like this on the Audison BIt Tune

Sound is better than the stock H/K system something sounds off. in the mid to low range, Ill need to learn how to take a reading using an RTA to confirm this....
Not sure why it wasn't done but does de-equalization need to be performed during tuning?
For the trunk sub i should set the x-over and eq on the Audison and leave the JL 750/1 x-over at 110 LPF 35hz subsonic or all off?
Ive had the shop retune it 2 times already, kinda frustrating.
What do you guys think of theses settings before I try this on my own..

Technology Electronic device Electronic instrument Audio equipment Electronic engineering Technology Electronic device Audio equipment Electronic instrument Audio equipment Technology Electronic device Electronic instrument Electronics Technology Electronic instrument Audio equipment Electronic device Technology Electronic device Audio equipment Electronic instrument Electronics Text Line Screenshot Technology Animation Text Line Font Screenshot Technology

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
Without drilling down to much it seems like the Crossover settings are kind of messed up but i don't know the reasoning behind them. I would change all the Linkwitz Riley 24db. Are the passive XO's being used? It looks the tweeters are HP at 225hz? But i don't know how they are set up. Sub us CXO'd too high and there seems to be no T/A done? i could be wrong, but looking at the pictures, the show has no idea how to tune.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
Ok, then it appears he has it set up so all 3 sets of speakers are running passive. Its just confusing how the naming is going.

If it were me, i would change all 3 sets of speakers to HP at 24db using the LR filter and cross them all the 175hz. Tun the front speakers full range 175hz and up, but bandpass the 2 sets of speakers in the back 175hz to 8k.
Then the sun i would low pass it at 90hz again 24db using the L/R filter. And because it is a ported box the SSF shouold be on. If it is fixed at 35hz thats a bit high, but it should be on.

Then you should do the Time alignment. manually with a tape measure.

save it as a differnt setting so you don't lost what you have and see if you can tune from there.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
You have too much overlap between the underseat woofers being crossed at 60 and the sub at 110. When I had my M3 I ran the underseats from 80 to 200 and let the mids come in at 250. I tried to keep the top end of the underseat limited as it sounded to localizable above 209. Sub was crossed at 80. I could have crossed it at 60 but I liked that the sub reinforced the midbasses a little.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry its been a crazy week, haven't tried these suggestions yet but i will probably tomorrow. As far as the sub AMP, would there be any benifit to make the settings wide open and then on the DSP, tune(bandpass) to say 30hz-80hz?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts