DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
New DSP with smartphone control to rival the helix
https://www.pioneer-car.eu/uk/deq-s1000a

Forget a Helix... with only a graphic eq this thing is not even close to rivaling the $150 Dayton dsp.

In spite of that, looking over it's features and capabilities, it's clear this thing is meant for a completely different target market then a Helix or most other standalone DSPs.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The DSP is a VERY basic unit. It's intent is not to rival a Helix (or any high-end DSP).
It also has a built-in 4 x 50W amplifier. The market for this is basic OEM system upgrading.
I'm sure Pioneer has done a lot of market research, and found that install shops will promote this, because it's easy for them to sell and install (at a higher margin).

As for the new speakers... As soon as I saw they had a stamped steel basket, I stopped reading.

·
Registered
17,747 Posts
New DSP with smartphone control to rival the helix
https://www.pioneer-car.eu/uk/deq-s1000a

Forget a Helix... with only a graphic eq this thing is not even close to rivaling the $150 Dayton dsp.

In spite of that, looking over it's features and capabilities, it's clear this thing is meant for a completely different target market then a Helix or most other standalone DSPs.
im sorry but i couldnt help but laugh when i saw "rivals helix" and then saw "13 band eq" in the specs lol

·
Registered
926 Posts
They’re haters. This product sounds awesome!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,245 Posts

I don't hate it... I'm just pointing out the obvious:
  1. This DSP does not rival a Helix. Not even close.
  2. The market for this unit is mid OEM upgrade.
  3. The speakers are junk... let's be honest.

·
Registered
17,747 Posts

why do you always try to instigate.. everyone here knows your thinking the same thing and that your not genuinely this positive lol

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Just seems like a pioneer recievers network setting for stock systems

Those pioneer speakers have some very bright tweeters. And Im a metal dome fan but they were a little harsh. Woofers are ok but stamped basic woofers.

·
Registered
323 Posts
OK thanks.....but I will stick with my STAGE 4 GEAR.....Not saying the new stuff is bad....but without any kind of demo it is entirely open to interpretation .... and brand loyalty. It might have potential, but not without bias.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts