DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been into SQ ever since i started this hobby.. and i happen to have a couple of good friends that really like SPL (Team Toxic Bass). so for ****s and giggles i joined the team becoming the only fully "SQ" oriented member on the team..

Im sure the whole meaning behind the name "Team Toxic Bass" was because of extreme SPL levels can be so harmful its almost "toxic" (if you dont think so, try sitting in a 160db+ vehicle) but from my view of things, i feel that bass can also be "toxic" in that it can be "intoxicating" when reproduced accurately (nearly) ..and thus, i find my place as a member of Team Toxic Bass.

So i recently picked up some LCY ribbons for my "SQ" oriented system and after letting some of my "SPL" team members audition them...

HALF THE TEAM HAS TURNED SQ!!! :shock: (only the members whom have heard them so far)

haha..so maybe now we should change our name to "Team Intoxicating Treble"... :p

-10k, Vinny N.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup..you wouldnt want anything else after you heard them yourself... :wink:

oh..that reminds me, if anyone wants to stop by to audition, just send me an email.. we're located in Orange County, CA.

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
I have converted a few bassheads over the years, play them some real bass really loud with real music really loud, get's their attention. Then turn it down a tad and play some music they understand but on a fine SQ system and they will become a believer. Back when I had my really good system I was at a bass comp just goofing around, won my class by the way. I opened up my truck and let it rip, it would play very loud and crystal clear, soon everbody was around my truck and the promotor asked me to shut it down as nobody was payingn attention to the bass comp, lol!

Rick

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dingaling said:
why don't u put all of those in a car in a vertical array, that would be sweet

:D
yeah..i was wondering if Dang was going to do that..because he likes the high sensitivity/dynamics of the AC's (sensitivity ~100db's).. all you would need is two on each side.. which should add about 3db's plus the 4-ohm load which is suppose to be another 3db's for a maximum gain of about 6db's...

might as well add dual Seas Excels or Lotus Ref's too! -Now that would be sweet!! :D

aaron said:
what are you using to run those?
Im personally running Tube Driver Blue amplifiers..

www.TeamToxicBass.com > Team Competitors > Vinny ;)

raamaudio said:
I opened up my truck and let it rip, it would play very loud and crystal clear, soon everbody was around my truck and the promotor asked me to shut it down as nobody was payingn attention to the bass comp, lol!

Rick
lol..now thats great!! damn playa haters!! :p

its great to see you here, Rick!

btw Leon, what took you soo long to get here..? (DIYMOBILEAUDIO)

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Don't forget ribbons are line source drivers... so they only drop at -3db per doubling of distance and not -6db like conventional drivers.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
npdang said:
Don't forget ribbons are line source drivers... so they only drop at -3db per doubling of distance and not -6db like conventional drivers.
so that means theyll be even louder at a givin distance!!

i dunno..Dang's car had very good output with just one ribbon and one midbass on each side...you honestly dont need anymore then that....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts