DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Id like to share some nice universal 6.5 adapters I ran across on ebay. They have a slight slant to them, 4 concealed mounting holes to mount the baffle to the door (get covered once speaker is installed) and they even fit larger mids like the HAT L6 driver with some slight dremeling on the inner diameter.

Easy solution if you dont want to deal with mdf rings, and they wont rot.

I have to say though, they are just regular somewhat thin molded plastic. I ended up tightening the mounting bolt too much and it caused the recessed part to simply snap and pull through. A spacer would've prevented this but I didnt think about it.

As long as you're careful with tightening these will hold up just fine, and I was blown away with how nice and factory they looked installed.

·
Registered
213 Posts
not bad... i would fill the inner part from the backside with some kind of heat duct putty or foam (something to deaden them) and those would prolly work great! interested in the sellers name too!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not bad... i would fill the inner part from the backside with some kind of heat duct putty or foam (something to deaden them) and those would prolly work great! interested in the sellers name too!
I had the same thought about the putty, but I didnt have any on hand when I installed them.

These were the ONLY thing that would work for me, granted my stock baffles slope at an extreme angle of 2.5" thick to 1/4" thick, I couldnt get the same axis as I once had, but honestly, Im happy with the way it sounds regardless.

Over the years I made it a habit to add some more deadening every time I take my door panels off. I still get some door buzz at certain freqs, I think some MLV and ccf is next.

·
Registered
62 Posts
NIce! Any pics of them installed on the doors?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NIce! Any pics of them installed on the doors?
No not yet, but of all the times I wish I would've taken pics, this it definitely one of them. Looks factory and clean is all I can say.

·
Registered
62 Posts
No not yet, but of all the times I wish I would've taken pics, this it definitely one of them. Looks factory and clean is all I can say.
The price seems good. I think I am going to pick up a pair. Thanks for finding and posting results!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Over the years I made it a habit to add some more deadening every time I take my door panels off. I still get some door buzz at certain freqs, I think some MLV and ccf is next.
I'm the same way... but I was always in a hurry to get rid of the buzz asap. I cant stand hearing rattles!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Plastic is nice for a door since they can't rot and it does save a decent bit of time vs having to fab something up. I'm going to grab a set of these, good looking out. I have some butyl rope I can put into the underside groove and I may throw a touch of raamat on them. Can't imagine it won't be acoustically dead at that point.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very old post, not even sure how I found it, but if rs10mike is still around, these spacers have really helped me out, thanks
Yeah Im still here lol, glad I could help. As it turned out, these baffles didnt work for my L6SE install. I was forced to make my own out of MDF.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts