DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

nightflyte50 CDA-9853 - no reserve then asks for more money

Tags
ebay
5K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  dubbreak 
#1 ·
Just a heads up on this scammer and his relisted deck.

I decided I wanted to get a deck with processing. I found a CDA-9853 with acceptable shipping, no reserve, not much action and only 4hrs left. I bid and won it for $96US. Woohoo. Or so I thought.
ALPINE CDA-9853 MP3/WMA CD Receiver on eBay.ca (item 260528248902 end time 31-Dec-09 19:39:51 EST)

I paid promptly (as usual), but the scammer messages me with:
"For reasons that completely escape me, there was a reserve of $150. on the alpine unit.

You are welcome to purcahse it, but it will be $150. plus shipping. If this does not interest you, please do not pay me anything, I will relist at my expense and leave you good feedback

Sorry about the confusion
"

Nu-uh. I already paid and I won a no reserve auction. You may have had some made up one in your head but sorry you didn't actually put a reserve on it. Of course this is a scammer so logic is useless.

Suit yourself. I will simply NOT sell the unit to you for this price.

Guess what? The guy had already relisted the item I won!!
ALPINE CDA-9853 MP3/WMA CD Receiver on eBay.ca (item 260531733293 end time 08-Jan-10 17:51:31 EST)

Again no reserve (presumably to attract bids) but check out the bottom of the summary!!!
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS A RESERVE ON THIS ITEM WHICH EBAY SOMEHOW HAS DISABLED. PLEASE BID AS YOU WISH BUT BE AWARE THAT there is a reserve in place and that number is over $100.

Bull-****ing-****. So buddy has some imaginary number in his head that is the reserve? Why do I suspect that number is always higher than the highest bid?

If you want to know how his imaginary reserve works you can ask him yourself. In fact I encourage you to. You could also ask him how he has two of the exact same deck when he claims it was removed from a car he sold.

Of course when I called him on his douchebaggery he gets all self righteous and pulls the usual scammer "IF YOU GIVE ME BAD FEEDBACK I'LL GIVE YOU BAD FEEDBACK" lamer threat. I'll post some gem quotes from his messages later. They're worth a laugh.

See less See more
#4 ·
I won a buffer a few weeks ago for cheap. paid him. He asked for my adress and everything and then a few hours later I have a refund. he says he was new to ebay and didnt know what he was doing or how to set a reserve and he sent me a second chance offer. I said I didnt need a second chance to buy the item that I won and already paid for. he relisted and it went for twice what i won it for. I left him negative feedback. As a seller he cannot leave negative so dont worry about that. leave the negative and move on

#7 ·
Here are some gems from this guy:

"Get nice quickly or you have no hope of concluding this transaction"

"Please stop bothering me about details on this transaction. I will give you positive feedback but rest assured, negative feedback from you will get you the same"

"Take your $96 and go by a $600 sound system from someone else"

"Get bright real quick, pal. I have had absolutely enough of your nonsense"

"I need only one more message with that number and then you get blocked. I have*67 transactions on eBay and 100% positive feedback. People like you are a detriment to this site"​

I LOL'd at the last one. People like me are definitely what make ebay suck, it's the people who pull out after a sale that make it awesome.

Also the "$600 sound system" is pretty laughable. I can get a 9887 for $300. Maybe the old school factor makes it worth more :laugh:.

#9 · (Edited)
Nice. Honestly didn't know that. I was going to leave negative anyhow since if he did leave neg back it would obviously appear to be retaliatory.

Wish ebay gave you more space for your comment though :p.

Right now googling for nightflyte50 gives this thread as the first hit. Googling nightflyte50 scammer only returns this thread.

Hmmm.. feedback that includes "Google nightflyte50 scammer".

#17 ·
:laugh:

Paypal sent me a refund before I proved I sent the ****ty item back to the seller...could have kept it if I wanted to.

PP is such a clusterf&ck...they just might reimburse him for a claim :laugh:
It's there now.

Wonder what happened with the buyer of the relist that "won" it for less than me.
Guarantee he'll pull the same thing. Hopefully, the next in line can get good advice like was given here on DIYMA ;)

#13 ·
Ill bid a few and when I win say I only want to pay a sale price of $96. Think he will like that game?

I simply will not pay more than $96 for this head unit.

It escapes me why I bid so high when I only wanted to bid $96.

#14 ·
If you used your credit card contact them about your purchase and item not received. I have found it easier to get funds back this way. I used Discover. I explained my situation they retract the funds and put a hold on them, made there own inquiry and refunded me the amount.

#24 ·
Check this out:
On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 6:28 AM, Richard Smith <nightflyer50@hotmail.com> wrote:

You ass

You received 100% of your money back PLUS fees.

I also offered the radio to for only $25 more than you paid

Send me $150 (including shipping) and its yours. I have send eBay copies of the return of funds to you​

Me back:
The sooner you do a proper refund the sooner this is all over.

Send any further communication through paypal as I won't be responding to further private emails from you.

BTW Regardless of "how little" the difference was you can't ask for a penny more once the auction closes. That's how an auction works.​

If he still has the deck that means he refused to ship another no reserve auction. Not very smart. Probably asked for more money through the ebay message system as well. Hard to deny you did that after the fact then.

Funny that his $150 now includes shipping. "I won't sell the deck for less than $150" doesn't sound like it includes shipping to me.

#26 · (Edited)
More name calling. So who's the immature one? :laugh:

It was returned to you by paypal transaction number BH514048XH586610G in the amount of $122.50 and in a second transaction #30B288127L4007447 in the amount of $4.79

There is not one penny owing to you and if you send me $127.29 I will send it back to you anyway that you like less any fees incurred to do so.

You are acting like an immature child and this email will be copied to eBay regardless​

Geez. How hard is it to hit refund to do a proper refund?

This is hilarious too (spelling isn't this guy's forte):

The attached is a communication recieved from that moron stephen Hawkes trying to extort mony from me. As you can see from thge paypal transactions quoted, he received full payment and a seconmd for fees incurred on January 1, 2010.
Yeah. I was the one doing the extorting. Not the guy who insists I must pay more to get the item I won.

#30 ·
Most recent message from the seller:
So would you NOW go and **** yourself?​

No Hi, no hey there, not closed with regards just one sentence.

Looks like I'll have to go through visa to get this credited back. Paypal considers a payment a refund. Of course a payment is markedly different from a refund. A refund would have gone directly back on my visa, a payment costs me money to transfer to a bank account. Nice for paypal, total BS for me as I get dinged by fees and currency transactions (all of which are in paypal's favor).

Anyhow, if anyone runs across this thread thinking of buying from Nighflyte50 I'd say stay away from this goof. He obviously doesn't understand the difference between posting something on craigslist and putting something up for auction.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.