DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I found a lot of good information And advice by just looking at the forums but wanted to get some advice on a set up I'm doing to my 2008 nismo 350z. First of all my budget is 4500 dollars and I want it to be a SQ set up. I'm very unsure about what kind of head unit I want or what amps to go with. To give you some information on the car it has 6 1/2" components up front and 6 -/2" co axil speakers behind the headrests of the car. What I'm pretty certain of is I want to do the jl audio stealth box and I would like to have a nice double din head unit with navigation and I heard pioneer even has pandora available now which I think would be pretty cool. I also would like to say that any advice will be much appreciated for the subs but since the trunk is so small smaller setups for amps And subs would be preferble.
Lastly I have been looking at focal speakers and going to a dealer soon to hear them. Thanks everyone and when everything is done I will be sure to post pics!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Are you a member of my350z.com? Theres tons of other build logs on there of sq set ups in 350z if you need some ideas. 4500 is a nice budget and youll be able to build a nice sq set up in that budget. Cant wait to see the final product.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Ditch the rear fill, ruins the front stage in the z plus there a pita to get to. Pick up a set of speaker pods from wickedcas.com and seal and deaden the crap out of those doors. Mike on my350z makes awesome boxes under the strutbar so you'll still have your trunk.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'd stay away from the stealth way over priced. You can get better results from a custom box or pick up a box from zenclosures.com. good quality at low cost. IMO you can do better than the complete jl setup. You can get more for your money.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Currently using his other style box and I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ditch the rear fill, ruins the front stage in the z plus there a pita to get to. Pick up a set of speaker pods from wickedcas.com and seal and deaden the crap out of those doors. Mike on my350z makes awesome boxes under the strutbar so you'll still have your trunk.

Ill have to look up this person on the forum because i really wanted to stick to 1 or two 10" subs underneath the strut bar.
Also i looked at wickedcas.com but they only offer speaker pods for the 06-07 350z will it also fit on the 08?
Thanks for the help so far guys.

·
Registered
696 Posts
There are 2 generations of the 350 first being 03-05 second being 06 and on. So yours being an 08 is the 06 plus model. Although they all look the same there are slight differences, door panels are different on the two models. If you look up that enclosure site he makes single or dual under the strutbar box. Do your research before you spend any money, regrets are expensive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks I have done some more research into the boxes and speaks pods so pretty set on that now. But any opinons on brand of speakers amps and subs also head unit? Looking at the budget that I have what system would you guys put in?

·
Registered
312 Posts
with that budget

DEX-P99RS is by far the best modern headunit option out there for SQ.

you will get tons of recommendations on speakers, but at the end of the day, those are the one thing you need to hear for yourself. music is a unique individual experience, and one persons idea of SQ will probably greatly vary from yours.
check out he usual culprits like hertz, focal, morel, stage 4 pioneer, hybrid etc.

your front stage is going to be your most important part of the setup. so don't skimp there, and just find an amp that suits the speakers.

If I were to spend your money, I would build my system all over again, but with bigger woofers in the doors.
basically, stage 4 pioneer for everything but the speakers.

with your sub, there are a million good options. just choose something that will allow for an appropriate box to be made, because that will make the biggest difference.
i love my IDMax.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys im a noob and im just going off my experience here. Ive noticed that whatever source you have will greatly improve SQ to your speakers. For example My BMW 335i stock system made the stock speakers sound like crap. I took my dual core android S/P and used PlayerPro with its DSP and a 10band EQ, hooked it up to my 3.5mm Aux Jack and the difference in sound is night to day. Sounds way better then the premium sound option that i have had in previous Bimmers. Now that I have seen the potential of this app I am redoing the sound system in my 350z. I cannot justify spending thousands of dollars like many do in getting a decent upgrade. Im just getting a simple HU like the Kenwood KDC-352U and upgrading its speakers to MBQ ONX216. Is Using the S/P option not a better option then upgrading into a 1000 dollar HU?? I mean my Emotiva HT Pre Pro uses a Single Core Processor to do the DSP, Is it not safe to say that using a powerful smartphone with excellent software a better option then a pricey HU??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts