DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! First post here and I could really use some guidance
I have a 2008 Nissan Titan crew cab and I want to put a sub under the rear seat. The space under the seat is 9" at the highest and tapers down to 7". I was thinking about just putting 1 quality 10" sub but dont know what will sound good in a smaller box. I love having good sound quality but I also need to feel my body shake and the mirrors vibrate while I listen to my music.

Any suggestions?

Also I have 2 12" MTX thunder 5500 in a large ported box. I used them in my old car but someone told me that these just wont work in the confined space of my truck. Is that true or could I make at least 1 of these subs work in a new box

·
Registered
339 Posts
You can get seat risers or whatever they're called to give you a couple more inches, but I don't think you'll get a 12 forward firing. A good, solid higher power single 10 in a ported enclosure will give plenty of output. Depending on your power... Fi Q, SSA, or maybe a Sundown SA10 could be what you're looking for, but there are a ton more choices.

I have the same truck and I gave up on fitting my bass requirements under the seat. Lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can get seat risers or whatever they're called to give you a couple more inches, but I don't think you'll get a 12 forward firing. A good, solid higher power single 10 in a ported enclosure will give plenty of output. Depending on your power... Fi Q, SSA, or maybe a Sundown SA10 could be what you're looking for, but there are a ton more choices.

I have the same truck and I gave up on fitting my bass requirements under the seat. Lol.
I will probably go with an upward fire actually. I do store lots in my back seats so i dont want to worry about damaging the sub. Im a total rookie at this stuff though so im not sure if i should be looking a 4 ohms, 2 ohms or anything else

·
Registered
91 Posts
When it comes to building a box, if your going to do it yourself, there is only about .75Cu.Ft. of space per side, less if you want zero protrusion of the box from under the seat. If you go with two, you could probably increase that a little by using some of the air space above the center hump. So, now you have to find some tens that are shallow enough, work well in that size ported box.

If you don't already know, these are some of the best looking cabinets I have found in my searches - Check Out Our Products!

·
Registered
162 Posts
2 8's upfiring on the driver side, ported to the passenger side door would do you fine. Digital Designs 1508's have a mounting depth if 5.5". Sundown SA-8s are right around the same.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
When I had my Titan, I ran two JL 10W3 subs under the rear seat, upfiring. Sounded very good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts