DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an AV58 Car Stereo Audio AM FM Aux Input Receiver on ebay for about $25. I never play CD's so it seemed like the perfect way to get a radio in my cheap bomb. Only trouble is that it is advertised as having an optional AM frequency but there is no way that I can figure out how to access it. There are also shadows of shuffle, repeat etc settings on the LCD but once again no clues as to how to access them. I have tried pushing all of the buttons in various combinations with the unit on and off but it has got me stumped. I can't be the only one who has bought one, or maybe I'm the only one who likes to listen to AM band radio.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
560 Posts
Try depressing and holding the BND for a few seconds.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
How well does this unit play media from the SD/USB? I need something cheap to stick in my rock crawler, and I might get one of these 20 dollar units if it's not a total pita to use.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How well does this unit play media from the SD/USB? I need something cheap to stick in my rock crawler, and I might get one of these 20 dollar units if it's not a total pita to use.
Look for what it is it does a good job. I bought this to stick in my old bomb so that I could listen to music instead of the sound of the CV joints and bad exhaust system. Yes it plays fine from USB/SD and AUX. The FM radio is also good. The only thing is it said AM band was optional and I can't access it. I need AM to listen to Aussie Rules Football and Cricket so I guess I was hoping for somebody else who had bought one and had figured out the puzzle of how to access the optional AM. Yes it is chinese made MB2008LTZ but so are 90% of electronics sold in Australia and sometimes something cheap is all you need.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Look for what it is it does a good job. I bought this to stick in my old bomb so that I could listen to music instead of the sound of the CV joints and bad exhaust system. Yes it plays fine from USB/SD and AUX. The FM radio is also good. The only thing is it said AM band was optional and I can't access it. I need AM to listen to Aussie Rules Football and Cricket so I guess I was hoping for somebody else who had bought one and had figured out the puzzle of how to access the optional AM. Yes it is chinese made MB2008LTZ but so are 90% of electronics sold in Australia and sometimes something cheap is all you need.
Hey thanks, looks like I'm going to go ahead and get one. This is what it will go in to push a set of cheap coaxials so I can jam out on the trails. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts