DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for a decent sq setup that will still get loud enough to keep up with my sub stage. 3 American bass xfl 10s on crescendo 4K. I’m sick of the pa speakers and super tweets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha I figured there wasn’t anything out there. Just hate the sound of them when I’m listening at normal levels

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
Have you ever considered HLCD and a larger midwoofer (8")? That might be an option albeit your subs might have to be reeled in to match response and level.

Man & Machine... Power Extreme!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hdlc? Are you referring to the wakeboard tower speakers. If so I don’t think they will fit in my doors lol.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
He means horns under the dash like the Eric Stevens (Image Dynamics) horns and his mb8 midbass to go with them. If horns don't get loud enough for an SQ type setup something ain't right:D

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
HLCD = Horn Loaded Compression Driver

Typically have high sensitivity so they get plenty loud. Many award winning systems used these if you are worried about their musicality.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I run pro audio drivers too...mines sound more than decent you just need a dsp and tuned them properly and get rid of the super tweeters and get some loud soft dome tweeters

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
He means horns under the dash like the Eric Stevens (Image Dynamics) horns and his mb8 midbass to go with them. If horns don't get loud enough for an SQ type setup something ain't right:D
I have home speakers with a horn-loaded compression driver and a pair of 12" midranges (not midbasses) as the 12" midranges are needed to keep up with the crazy sensitivity of the HLCD. I tell people with most speakers if you turn them up, the speakers will get unhappy, with mine, you'll be unhappy before they are. And they sound oh so sweet and detailed while being completely effortless.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts