DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends, I am hoping you can help me with my first install. I have a pioneer HU (using their sync app / network mode / hardware as my crossover) going to a RD400/4 amp , powering 2 5.5 silverflutes and 2 seas prestige tweeters. My issue is confusing me a bit, my right midwoofer is producing no sound. Amp is set to 4 channel and stereo. If I take the left channel (working rca) and put it in the right channel amp instead of either sound or no sound, i continue to get sound out of the left woofer . (nothing is crossed, i thought maybe a terminal popped off but it doesnt make sense the right channel is getting a knowing working signal but still plays left). Things to note, amp I bought used, I have the main woofer rcas connected to HU but nothing connected to them on the other end yet. (bought a shallow 10" dayton that arrives tomorrow) . Thanks guys sorry for the beginner question.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
If I take the left channel (working rca) and put it in the right channel amp instead of either sound or no sound, i continue to get sound out of the left woofer . (nothing is crossed, i thought maybe a terminal popped off but it doesnt make sense the right channel is getting a knowing working signal but still plays left).
So your taking the rca out of the amps input for the left woofer channel and plugging it into the right woofer channel input so there is nothing plugged into the left woofer channel input?.. Yet your still getting sound out of the left woofer?

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
It sounds like you also hooked up the high level wires through your cars harness and the head unit is just sending signal to your speakers that way, the RCA's aren't doing anything. If I understand your issue correctly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sounds like you also hooked up the high level wires through your cars harness and the head unit is just sending signal to your speakers that way, the RCA's aren't doing anything. If I understand your issue correctly.
The fronts are disconnected at the harness (plugs into kick panel) At the actual metra harness I believe the rears are still connected but shouldnt have all rcas plugged in ignore the rears? ill remove the rear oem blown speakers and try again. As for others yes the Hu left mid channel (reartop white) going to my amps left channel midwoofer I plugged into my amps right rca and sound still comes out of the left woofer

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Do you have a multimeter? You can test for voltage on the RCA's to know if there is a signal on them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So removed rears (had to sound deaden those ext cab doors anyway) removed amp and tested stock speakers on their own without amp and everything worked. Then tested the rcas coming out the Hu with a multimeter. Everything once again was fine. Opened up the amp looking for repairs and everything looked clean. Went back to the headunit to make sure signals coming from rcas were not getting lose or... Oh the Head units left and right RCAs are side by side. The amp is top and bottom for left and right. I had them also side by side. :laugh: Im putting down the beer for the evening. Thanks guys. Well thats why i am posting in the ask noobish questions here I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts