DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so heres the deal folks...

I have an Alpine CDA-117 and I recently hooked up the PXA-H100 to it. I switched the 3 switches on the bottom of the cd player to EXT AP, I have the yellow power cable directly connected to the battery and the black ground cable bolted down to bare metal (bare cause I sanded the crap outta it).

before I hooked up the computer and microphone there was absolutely no sound coming from my speakers, but if I turn up the volume it has a soft hum that gets louder and louder. I decided to see if I needed to run the KTX-H100 in order for the speakers to play sound, so I hooked everything up and proceeded to use the MultEQ tune. The speakers were playing the test tones, so I thought to myself, "perfect, they work!" Wrong.

I loaded up the MultEQ results into the headunit and disconnected the microphone. I then tried listening to some music, and back to the same old story; no sound from the speakers except for the slight hum.

I have no idea what the deal is here... The amp is getting power...the headunit recognizes the PXA-H100, obviously...All the wires and RCA's are connected and snug... I am stumped! Any help would be much appreciated.

Oh yeah, I searched for quite a while before making this post, and although there are imprint problems out there, none of the solutions I have read either apply or have worked.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I'm sorry that I don't have a solution but I do have a related problem.
My installer just hooked up the same units (CDA-117 and PXA-H100) for me today. They were refurbs that I just received back from Alpine because I had the same symptoms with my origional units:
It seemed that the signal was clean until we ran the imprint and now there is a zipper type clicking through the speakers when you adjust the volume control.
There has also been an introduction of static hiss that gets louder as the volume increases.
He ran direct ground and power lines to the battery to eleminate the possibility of ground loops.
He also used an Ipod to check the RCA's and there doesn't seem to be an issue with the wires or amps (new Audison) or the speakers (Hertz XL's).
If anyone has experience/suggestions with this problem,
please help. I've been struggling with this for months.
The car is a 1998 BMW 540 which origionally had the full DSP system.

G

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I fixed the problem and I feel like an idiot... I plugged the Ai-Net cord into the wrong plug on the PXA-H100.... So I switched them and now I have beautiful, beautiful sounds coming from my many many many hours of work... this project has almost been the death of me!!!! Thankfully its almost done...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm sorry that I don't have a solution but I do have a related problem.
My installer just hooked up the same units (CDA-117 and PXA-H100) for me today. They were refurbs that I just received back from Alpine because I had the same symptoms with my origional units:
It seemed that the signal was clean until we ran the imprint and now there is a zipper type clicking through the speakers when you adjust the volume control.
There has also been an introduction of static hiss that gets louder as the volume increases.
He ran direct ground and power lines to the battery to eleminate the possibility of ground loops.
He also used an Ipod to check the RCA's and there doesn't seem to be an issue with the wires or amps (new Audison) or the speakers (Hertz XL's).
If anyone has experience/suggestions with this problem,
please help. I've been struggling with this for months.
The car is a 1998 BMW 540 which origionally had the full DSP system.

G
Hi,
Did you ever get this sorted out?I have the same exact problem?Im bummed

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I pretty much gave up on the imprint module.
I'm just holding out for the Bit-10D to be released.

G

1 - 5 of 5 Posts