DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just set up my system. Alpine 9830 h/u, alpine 11 band passive eq, Prestige active crossover, MTX 8502 for sub, MTX 704 bridged for mids, MTX 702 for tweeters. MTX 10 sub, boston pro 6.5 mids, boston tweets. So... all wired up and all is good, but no sound from tweets. All amp filters are off. There is a signal there, I hooked up a 5.25 to the speaker lead and am getting sound. I put the tweet back on and no sound. Doesnt seem to matter where I place the crossover setting. The tweets worked when I was set up passive. Anyone have any thoughts on this! I am missing from at least 12k up.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Just set up my system. Alpine 9830 h/u, alpine 11 band passive eq, Prestige active crossover, MTX 8502 for sub, MTX 704 bridged for mids, MTX 702 for tweeters. MTX 10 sub, boston pro 6.5 mids, boston tweets. So... all wired up and all is good, but no sound from tweets. All amp filters are off. There is a signal there, I hooked up a 5.25 to the speaker lead and am getting sound. I put the tweet back on and no sound. Doesnt seem to matter where I place the crossover setting. The tweets worked when I was set up passive. Anyone have any thoughts on this! I am missing from at least 12k up.
You don't mention where you crossed your tweeters at?

You do say all amp filters are off...

the 702 on a set of 8ohm tweeters would still be able to produce ~35-40w which could be a LOT it the HPF was set to low..

You could have a set of paper weights.. :(

Have you metered the tweeters to see if there's any funkyness?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts