DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How likely is it for noise to occur when speaker wires and RCAs are run in down the door sill next to various wires that connect other electronic components in a car?

I been troubleshooting some noise issues and I'm wondering what the chances are that it is the source of the noise.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
How likely is it for noise to occur when speaker wires and RCAs are run in down the door sill next to various wires that connect other electronic components in a car?

I been troubleshooting some noise issues and I'm wondering what the chances are that it is the source of the noise.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
As long as there isn't a potential difference on ground, you could wrap your power and speaker wires with your RCAs...

You (and I) have run RCAs next to fuel pump wires I'm sure... and other electric runs in the car... if the car is running right and everything is connected proper, there IS no AC on the power line and the speakers lines don't create enough of a field to do anything...

You've likely got a small ground loop.. grounds in cars these days can be an elusive beast...

Very likely. Keep your speaker wires and rca's away from your power wires, and if possible, keep them away from each other.
See above PLEASE..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts