DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have Alpine 17 Ref's and I am going to be adding a CDT ES04 midrange to the mix. Even though I am very proficient with setting up systems (huge HT nut), I am thinking I might want to start out slow with this task. Based on that I am purchasing an ES300CC crossover and going passive for now.

My question is in regards to running speakers with different sensitivities. The ES04 and 17's are fortunately pretty close 88 vs 89.5, but is this enough to cause one to stand out over the other?

Secondly, how are the watt's distributed when going through a passive xover? The Alpine's can handle 75 RMS and the ES04 has an RMS of 50. Seeing as the ES300 only has one input, how many watt's should I be pushing in the xover to keep everything happy. :)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Secondly, how are the watt's distributed when going through a passive xover? The Alpine's can handle 75 RMS and the ES04 has an RMS of 50. Seeing as the ES300 only has one input, how many watt's should I be pushing in the xover to keep everything happy. :)

Thanks
i am wondering this also..subscribed

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So does anyone have any input on how the xover divy's up the watt's going to each speaker/tweeter?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts