DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm a couple weeks from finally being home from Afghanistan. I have a 04 Nissan Xterra with a kicker l5. Right before I left to come here, I blew my component speakers and my head unit went on the fritz. I really just want to redo the whole thing brand new. I've been looking into the RE Audio xxx I would love one of those. I just don't know what kind of set up I would need. I have a pretty good budget for it all, well not something insanely expensive. But I do want to teat myself to something amazing. I really hope someone can help me PLEASE!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
So I'm a couple weeks from finally being home from Afghanistan. I have a 04 Nissan Xterra with a kicker l5. Right before I left to come here, I blew my component speakers and my head unit went on the fritz. I really just want to redo the whole thing brand new. I've been looking into the RE Audio xxx I would love one of those. I just don't know what kind of set up I would need. I have a pretty good budget for it all, well not something insanely expensive. But I do want to teat myself to something amazing. I really hope someone can help me PLEASE!
First off thank you for putting your life on the line so we can enjoy the freedoms that we have. as for your system you have many options depending on what you are wanting to accomplish... Do you want SQ, SQL or SPL? I've heard some nice Xterras. I'd start with a nice component set.. This is where you want to splurge a little! Your frontstage is the bread and butter of your system. A nice component set will cost you 300-400 bucks. You can get a great sounding bargain set for 150-200. Expect to spend around $500 for a nice 4-channel and a sub amplifier. Head units vary greatly in price but a nice used Alpine CDA-9887 will run you between 225 and 275. Check my other threads for a nice streetwires 2 amp wiring kit fir $35 shipped. Tell us more about what you're looking to accomplish. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha yea I guess I should have gotten more specific. Well I'm looking for more of an SQL, something really really good. I would kind of like to splurge on the whole system. This is going to be my gift to myself :D. I'd like something pretty clear but still sucks the air out of your lungs. I've just read a lot about the RE Audio XXX's they seem pretty awesome. Thanks for the help really appreciate it!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hey, Airborne right? If not you need to work on that first.. I kid, I kid, seriously thanks for your service, I'm also a Ft. Bragg Alumni (93-95 Bco 1/325). I'll give you one piece of advice, don't blow all your fun money on this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha I learned my lesson my first deployment. This is my second one, I'm 3rd SFG unmanned aircraft operator right now. I just really want to give myself an awesome gift. Best money spent on things I enjoy is never a waste :D.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
When you've chosen a sub, let me know and I'll design the box for you (see the first link in my signature).

I think there are better options than the RE for SQL by the way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts