DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just got this system and im trying to figure out the best way to set the amp and bass driver. Looking for SPL

Iv looked online and kinda understand how to set the amp if you guys want to add your .2 cents by all means.

Amp
Ampline mrx m100

Sub
12" type x

Box is custome
Set at 32hz
3.2 L shaped port.

Audiobahn ABD39X Bass driver (dumb question but what does it really do iv read very little about it and dnt fully understand kinda bad I no thats why im jere asking)

Sterio
Factory stereo or stock if you want to call it that lol running an output converter of the factory sub line. The stereo don't have a separate sub control. Car is a cobalt ss

Questions:
From my understanding I set stereo volume 3\4 then turn the gain up on the amp and listen for the tone to change. I still dnt understand the subsonic or the others that well.

Also what about the audiobahn bass driver it as well have a gain on it thats all ot has on it other then the stereo and mono switch. So witch do I turn up and how far?

If tried looking up information on how to mess with it but its so old that I cant find much any and all help welcome. Thanks

Lastly I was told by a shop owner that id never get really good soumd or bass out of the factory sound system. And my car does have the factory pioneer sub and amp will that cause any issues? System is currently hooked up.

·
Registered
19,520 Posts
holy mother of grammar.. the audiobahn thing is a line driver which converts speaker outputs of a head unit to low level inputs (turns it into RCA's). subsonic is a high pass filter for the sub.. it cuts of very low frequencies that arent needed to help control the sub a bit. the stereo and mono switch isnt really important since its going to you subs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have horrible grammar.... guess I should join another forum to help with that to lol.

I apriciate the info but how do I no what to set the subsonic filter to?

So the audiobahn line drive does the same thing as the output converter with the exception that the audiobahn line driver has a gain knob? I read somewhere that its supposed to give out a clean separate signal since the stereo didn't have one specifically for the sub. Again iv found very little info on it. Wich one should I keep the audiobahn line driver or the PEC output converter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts