DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

sorry for the noob question but having no sound for a week is dreading. I am using a dell xp 13" with windows 10. I downloaded the new software for the PS8 and watched all the tutorials on arc audio you tube channel and also read the manual. I have my remote from the Alpine Ilx-207 remote out going into the PS8 remote in. I have the remote out from the PS8 going to a relay. The relay is wired to all three amps and a line conditioner. The software has the remote turn on at 4 sec and remote off at 7 seconds. I have done the newest software update in bootloader mode for the PS8. i have also cycled the system followed by closing the software. The issue i am having is that the remote out from the PS8 is not sending a signal even though remote in and remote out is green in the software when i am plugged into the dell. I tested the remote out with a circuit tester to rule out the relay. the circuit tester is not lighting. I am also having the remote out from the PS8 stay on when the key is on Acc for 30 sec before the remote out from the PS8 shuts off. Once i start the car the remote out from the PS8 just shuts off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I believe that it outputs 250 mAmps. Not sure, but hopefully that is enough to activate the relay. If you can, check it with a DMM.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
How do you have the relay wired and then wired to the amps?
I'd just use default settings for turn on and off.
Unless you have noise, just use default setting til everything turns on as it should.

I'm guessing this is a wiring issue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Love this forum. Thanks for the quik reply guys. I will double check the wiring again. For the relay, I have the ground wired to 85, constant 12 volt to 87, i have the remote out from the PS8 to 86. Then i have 4 remote hooked up to 30 on the relay which then goes out to the line amp conditioner and the three amps. Please let me know if i have something mixed up.

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
Love this forum. Thanks for the quik reply guys. I will double check the wiring again. For the relay, I have the ground wired to 85, constant 12 volt to 87, i have the remote out from the PS8 to 86. Then i have 4 remote hooked up to 30 on the relay which then goes out to the line amp conditioner and the three amps. Please let me know if i have something mixed up.
Do you hear the relay click when triggered by the remote from the PS8?
does any device hooked to terminal 30 turn on?.
If you check the remote out with a DMM whats your voltage?

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks so much Mic10is and n_boost. I will test the voltage coming out and see why the relay keeps switching on and off. I forgot to mention the constant 12 volt is fused with a 30 amp mini anl fuse from a distribution block. if all test fails i will fill out the warranty and send it in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
No problem. Hopefully we at least provided some insight. Would the PS8 turn on a single amplifier without the relay?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tested voltage on each lead with car on acc mode. 11.89 volts remote in going into the ps8 from remote of alpine ilx207. i have 2.26 volts from the ps8 remote out going into the relay. 12.37 volts going out the relay into the remote of all three amplifier and line conditioner. The delay for the remote turn on on the ps8 is set at 4 sec and the remote turn off is set at 7 sec. Is the voltage from the PS8 remote out correct?

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
Tested voltage on each lead with car on acc mode. 11.89 volts remote in going into the ps8 from remote of alpine ilx207. i have 2.26 volts from the ps8 remote out going into the relay. 12.37 volts going out the relay into the remote of all three amplifier and line conditioner. The delay for the remote turn on on the ps8 is set at 4 sec and the remote turn off is set at 7 sec. Is the voltage from the PS8 remote out correct?
Remote out of PS8 should be closer to 12v
Go to software, set remote out timing for everything to default to troubleshoot

Eliminate the relay for testing purposes.

measure just remote out from ps8 when you turn the system on. what is voltage?

Will the remote out turn on any other devices without the relay in place?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right on. removed the relay. and unplugged each remote lead for the amplifiers and line conditioner.

Testing with the car on.
remote out of PS8 = 13.2v
remote hooked to the first amp is 13.2v
when remote is hooked up to the 2nd amp both remote leads read 8.9v
when remote is hooked up to the 3rd amp, all remote leads are now 5.8v

i am using 16 gauge wire for the remote turn on.

i Pulled each remote lead off each Amplifier while the PS8 is on. The voltage on each remote line is 13.2. i do not know why the voltage is dropping after i add an amplifier.

Amp 1= Tru tungsen T4
Amp 2 = Tru tungsen T2
Amp 3 = Tru tungsen T2

i have all three amps mounted on 3/4 MDF above the end of my wheel well.

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
Pic of wiring? Not sure why you'd have voltage drop when a load is increased. That's a big drop

·
Registered
29 Posts
Right on. removed the relay. and unplugged each remote lead for the amplifiers and line conditioner.

Testing with the car on.
remote out of PS8 = 13.2v
remote hooked to the first amp is 13.2v
when remote is hooked up to the 2nd amp both remote leads read 8.9v
when remote is hooked up to the 3rd amp, all remote leads are now 5.8v

i am using 16 gauge wire for the remote turn on.

i Pulled each remote lead off each Amplifier while the PS8 is on. The voltage on each remote line is 13.2. i do not know why the voltage is dropping after i add an amplifier.

Amp 1= Tru tungsen T4
Amp 2 = Tru tungsen T2
Amp 3 = Tru tungsen T2

i have all three amps mounted on 3/4 MDF above the end of my wheel well.
That is interesting about the voltage drop.

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
Are u sure you're using the remote in to turn on the Ps8 and out to turn on other things? Any chance u have a wire strand touching?
Where is the relay getting constant power from?
How is the ground on the Ps8?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i used wire ferrules for the power, ground, remote in , and remote out. the relay is getting constant power from the distribution block that is fused with a 30 amp anl mini fuse. The ground on the PS8 is grounded from the ground distribution block. and the ground from the distribution block is grounded on the sheet metal that has also been sanded to expose bare metal. I used the ground distribution block for testing the leads with the multi meter.

i was curious so i removed the remote in from the PS8 that is from the alpine ilx207. I get 13.2v from the remote wire. I then added three remote leads to the amp to the direct remote lead from the ilx207. each amplifier remote reads 13.2v.

Is there feature on the PS8 that would drop the voltage?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts