DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2019 GLI Autobahn
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out about the forum from a post on one of the SQ Facebook groups I'm in.

From the little bit of poking around I've done I really enjoy the knowledge that is being shared here. As a noob/noice audio head I feel like I'll be able to take my new build to a lvl I can be proud of. And can not wait to show it off once it's done (which is taking forever as work has been busy).

If anyone has advice on VW MQB Golf or Jetta installs I'd gladly take it. I also am wanting to build a custom sealed box to fit my GLI for the stereo integrity SQL12.

Super Moderator
Just found out about the forum from a post on one of the SQ Facebook groups I'm in.

From the little bit of poking around I've done I really enjoy the knowledge that is being shared here. As a noob/noice audio head I feel like I'll be able to take my new build to a lvl I can be proud of. And can not wait to show it off once it's done (which is taking forever as work has been busy).

If anyone has advice on VW MQB Golf or Jetta installs I'd gladly take it. I also am wanting to build a custom sealed box to fit my GLI for the stereo integrity SQL12.

Welcome, glad you found us,

My advice on anyone with a VW is to sell them before the warranty runs out (sorry not what you wanted to hear...lol) , but this is the place to network about building sub boxes...!

Reactions: Crewdawg

Registered
2019 GLI Autobahn
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome, glad you found us,

My advice on anyone with a VW is to sell them before the warranty runs out (sorry not what you wanted to hear...lol) , but this is the place to network about building sub boxes...!
Yeah VW isn't the most reliable auto but they do make fun to drive compact cars. I a decent shade tree mechanic so I think I can keep it on the road for a while.

Speaking sub boxes, I'm wanting to do a one off box kind of like this one. Any recommendations of threads or videos to help get a better understanding of how to design something like this?

Attachments

Registered
07 Accord GS9-Arc Audio dsp-Audison Voce 5.1K+Due-HAT Legatia SE 3 way + Clarus 15 in IB
Yeah VW isn't the most reliable auto but they do make fun to drive compact cars. I a decent shade tree mechanic so I think I can keep it on the road for a while.

Speaking sub boxes, I'm wanting to do a one off box kind of like this one. Any recommendations of threads or videos to help get a better understanding of how to design something like this?
Peter makes nice stuff. The box is easy. The trim/customization is tougher. Watch lots of videos. Go to some sq shows/competitions and ask to see the builds. Most guys are happy to show off.

Registered
2019 GLI Autobahn
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Peter makes nice stuff. The box is easy. The trim/customization is tougher. Watch lots of videos. Go to some sq shows/competitions and ask to see the builds. Most guys are happy to show off.
Yeah from what I can see the box and amp rack is easy the vanity panel will be harder to make bit not impossible.

Registered
07 Accord GS9-Arc Audio dsp-Audison Voce 5.1K+Due-HAT Legatia SE 3 way + Clarus 15 in IB
Yeah from what I can see the box and amp rack is easy the vanity panel will be harder to make bit not impossible.
The Car Audio Fabrication guy is a bit irritating, but probably shows the most behind-the-curtains of any of the youtubers. I can take his voice in small doses.

Registered
2019 GLI Autobahn
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I agree about CAF. I really like 5star car audio but wish they did custom box builds to learn from. I have definitely learned more about mid and high speaker installation from them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts