DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:
Looking for advice on a system. Car is 2009 Mercedes with factory command with harmon kardon speakers.
Looking to install a Kenwood dnx996. I can find info on earlier (up to 2008) with Bose but nothing on the HK. as far as using the factory fiber optic amp.
I would like to use the factory amp but will install a different one if need be.
Also looking to retain steering wheel controls. So I guess what I'm looking for are the interfaces I need for this and a recommendation on an amp if I have to change it. Just looking to be equal to the factory sound. Not really knowledgeable on the audio part but can read directions. But can tear the car apart for installation of mose anything.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
Hi All:
Looking for advice on a system. Car is 2009 Mercedes with factory command with harmon kardon speakers.
Looking to install a Kenwood dnx996. I can find info on earlier (up to 2008) with Bose but nothing on the HK. as far as using the factory fiber optic amp.
I would like to use the factory amp but will install a different one if need be.
Also looking to retain steering wheel controls. So I guess what I'm looking for are the interfaces I need for this and a recommendation on an amp if I have to change it. Just looking to be equal to the factory sound. Not really knowledgeable on the audio part but can read directions. But can tear the car apart for installation of mose anything.
Thanks

In theory one starts with what they do not like, what is too much, what is too little.
(But in practice... it is likely what sort of signaling message is going to the crowd.)

So having an idea of the reason for the upgrade, could then help guide one as to what should be changed. To achieve the goal.

Since the goal is to "be equal", then maybe just leave like it is and save time and money?

(Or am I reading it wrong?)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi All:
Thanks

In theory one starts with what they do not like, what is too much, what is too little.
(But in practice... it is likely what sort of signaling message is going to the crowd.)

So having an idea of the reason for the upgrade, could then help guide one as to what should be changed. To achieve the goal.

Since the goal is to "be equal", then maybe just leave like it is and save time and money?

(Or am I reading it wrong?)
Looking to add front and rear camera. Dash cam. Better gps Bluetooth apple carplay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts