DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings all..
have been looking around this place for a few weeks and just have to say one thing though.. im drowning in information here..

totaly overloaded.. annyway i am an guy from Trondheim, Norway. 32 years old and mostly done everything myself, (exept the head unit) as you can probably see for yourself is that english is not my main language so there will be wird spelling so you are warned!! : P

my car stereo history have realy been to hell and back

not this car though. : P the first one was an space star that actualy got totaled 3-4 houers b4 i where done with the build..

diddent hear a frikking thing : (
i where almost done with the build, made an box of mdf do house my amp and filters

anyhow inside 2 weeks this got installed:

it is an pioneer avh-3300bt system without nav.
then this one

then i started with this

and continued with this:

and then this came along:

continued the build with this: silent coat, compared to the roadkill(that i forgot to heat up, but installed in abaout 20 degrees celsius.)
silent coat is like butter to install where the roadkill is more like bricks but the silent coat smells more asphalt.
annyway i put in 2 layers of theese here:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and here

and so on

then the bad wheather arrived so i had to move into my garrage:

to pull some whires

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

oookay.. its not easy to see in this shot

but i am planning to showcase the amp and filters in the hatch closest to the back seat, rebuilding it and get an plate of

glass to cover it and also to show it off, i got some fake black leatherthingy to cover it up to hide the wires and mdf.

equipment:
i got the pioneer head unit, got an hertz hp2x (2*230w) also have already bought a set of hertz mlk 165 2 way component set

from a friend of mine that was originaly going into the space star.

for the front doors i am looking to get some good 3-way set from hertz thats not sounds worse than the mlk165
and are considering the new mlk3 pa set for the front doors,

whether or not im getting a sub in the boot idk. depends on the answers i get from you peoples.
(just missed an 4000 nok deal for an mk-3 set from hertz.. unused costs 17000 nok brand new : (((( im so annoyed abaout that.. )

annyhow thats whats done so far. i am going to drill new holes for the wires so they dont rub against metal and get som plastick protectors to protect them..

but its kinda hard to find the time nowadays he`s now 9 and a half week old the little monster! : P

i am planning to do somthing like this as well:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/how-articles-provided-our-members/19914-building-door-panels.html .

if i get convinced by you that this should include a sub, i am going to build it oem style on the left side of the boot behind

the wheel.
got to make some kind oh hatch together with the sub to be able to work the tail lights if they go out. not shure how im gona

do that though..
thats all i think
have a good night.
hopefully the "monster" will still sleep : P

ps thank you to take the time to read and post in this : ) and hopefully you got some insight on the hertz/sub question

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you sir. well it was my only weekend of each week so i had to do what you got to do hehe..

i work 3 weekends a month.

annyway, what i am going to do with it forward is to sound deaden the doors, make holes to the rca and stuff to the boot, custom build a boks for the amps and x overs in the boot.
oh yeah.. run speaker whires ofcourse...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh.. well not shure actually but atleast 1 4" box as seen in the picture, cant remember if i used it annywhere else though, annyway i have two layers of this..

just remember to heat it up a bit, even in 20 degrees+ its realy hard to install

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol .. i diddent read the small type on the box.. so i diddent do annything.. would probably be realy easier when heated alittle.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you sir..

its not a small monster annymore.. 2 and a half month: 64 cm 7.1 kg<!!! he`s a big monster now...

annyhow got anny thoughs on the build?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
another thing i am thinking abaout is to get an forward facing camera to record what happends in front of the car, annyone got anny suggestions?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
we will see.. : ) looks like i might getting some maestro for the front set. btw how do i go about to have a center channel?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have not been under that lid( i got the auro tray i belive it is called.)
but what kind of equipment do i need to make this work, special head units or processors(and are theese conected with rca`s or what? ) : P

·
Registered
148 Posts
To be hi est, I've never don't a center channel before. But you can use either or. Some head units have a center channel rca output, so all you have to do is run am amp to it. Same for a processor. I believe the bit-one allows you to dedicate the 8 outputs it has to whatever you like (front, center, rear, sub, etc)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
depends on what kind of sound system i order from maestro : P i might have to save up to a sub, and i have only an 2 channel amp now so bleh : P

btw is this maybe a too powerful amp for the mlk165 set i have and the epic mastro 3 way got a rating on 75 and the m line 3-way got an ratino of 95 the amp i have is an 2*220 hertz amp Hertz EP 2X - 2-kanals forsterker, 2x220W / 1x700w @ 4 ohm - planetHIFI.no (url in norwegian)

is this too mutch?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
and another question i have found, and i have realy tried to search but the exact information is elusive.. hven dealing with road noise, should i have put the stinger/silent coat layer on top of the road noise layer or does it not matter? and how mutch? do i need like 50% with the silent coat or more less and almost 100% with the road noise deadener?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yo all.. now i have done somthing with those cables in the boot, to have them more protected against the metal:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts