DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this thread. I have dabbled in car audio for fun a little i need some advice please. I have recently purchased a rockford fosgate p3 and a punch 500.1 and need advice on the box. I have never owned any rockford products and dont know what type of box they like? Ported or sealed? Thanks for any answer. I like all music honestly i know that isnt any help its going in a 06 sentra.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rf recomends 1.2 cubic feet at 60hz i was wanting to go round 32hz will this be ok for that setup?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
on road and modeling software does not work on work laptop but your initial box should yield some good lowend. 1 to1.5 tuned 30-35 hertz will be quite boomy if that is what you like. If the amp has +- bass boost you can always give it a little cut to remove some of that boomyness.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like a good solid low end but i like good sound quality and not just loud i plan on replacing all the componets eventually i was just tryin to get a good start on the low end but here in podunk oklahoma no one is real helpful they just want loud and have everything rattle.

·
Registered
86 Posts
lol i live in a place like that too

I have a 12" p3 shallow in a truck box. It is sealed and sounds pretty good this way too. Just to let you know. I do not know the box size but its in a rockford truck box so i know it fits the criteria.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts