DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, has there been any meet ups since 2008? I find it crazy there hasn't been anything happening.

Is there any interest among the community in nor cal?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Hello, has there been any meet ups since 2008? I find it crazy there hasn't been anything happening.

I wonder how many people will show up when you tell them time alignment doesn't matter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Kinda like saying;
I just bought a Ferrari. But it drives like shit, because the front wheels are out of alignment.
I don't believe that getting it fixed is the Holy Grail of importance... high octane gas is more important.

I've seen all your past posts.
Do you really believe your own logic in this matter?
Or, are you so far into this argument, that you feel compelled to keep defending it?

I fully understand that it would be difficult to rank whether time alignment is more important than say; sound deadening.
They're both very important parts of the process. But time alignment matters... it matters a lot. A lot.
ie. Esotar tweeters sound like shit, when the driver's side is blasting in your ear, and the passenger side is 3 feet away.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But can you tell the difference in a blind test? TA looks good on paper, but with all the reflections in a automotive environment. I wouldn't bet my fortune on it!

As I've said before, TA is the last thing I would worry about in a car and more suited for more complex systems than just a 2 way system.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
But can you tell the difference in a blind test? TA looks good on paper, but with all the reflections in a automotive environment. I wouldn't bet my fortune on it!

As I've said before, TA is the last thing I would worry about in a car and more suited for more complex systems than just a 2 way system.
In a blind test?!?!? If you have your set up tuned for driver seat Go sit on your passenger side and tell me it doesn't completely change the sound if you say it doesn't you can't be helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
It's your car. Whatever you think sounds best...
Heck, I always do my builds with rear fill... and many will argue that rear fill is 'the Devil'.

·
Premium Member
9,140 Posts

Yes. They happen quite often. Most of it is centered around MECA SQL events. I am not sure how much gets posted on here, but pretty much everything gets posted to one of the Facebook groups (MECA CA, CA SQ, etc.).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts