DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Are you coming to the Northeast Mega-Meet Saturday & Sunday August 13th & 14th?

• Yes, I am coming Sunday August 14th, 2011

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Northeast Mega-Meet-Saturday & Sunday August 13th & 14th 2011 in Oakham Ma

Northeast Mega Meet .
Saturday & Sunday, August 13th & 14th 2011 @ 1:00PM.
Route 122 Rest Area
Oakham, Ma.

The location for both days is the rest area on Rte 122 in Oakham, Ma.

It's up the street from the Long Pond Boat Launch.

There will be a Green Alien out by the road to help you find the spot.

If you can't see the alien, ask fourthmeal for help.

Here are the coordinates if you have a gps:

42.377351,-72.029546

This is an informal meet and greet, compare setups, notes etc.

There is no set time limit, although the last one ended around 5 P.M,
So I would guess it will be over around then.

Goodstuff will cook some kind of food, yet to be determined.

He promises his hands will be clean, lol.

If I get enough cash to buy a new battery for my laptop in time for the meet,
I will bring it and we can take frequency response measurements with True RTA.

Feel free to PM me with questions, ideas etc.

I'm going to try a poll and see how it works vs having people reply in the thread
and not be able to edit the list after 24 hours, so just respond to the poll if you are interested.

Thanks,

Goodstuff

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK mass pm'ing is done. Hopefully I didn't miss anyone. Sorry about the duplicate message if you got one.

·
Registered
130 Posts
For those that are coming from afar and want to stay both days, there is a lot of pretty good camping reasonably close to this rest area.

I want to say that I'm in as well but am having the same problem as chuyler1. I don't want to commit and then have something really pressing come up last minute. For now, I plan on attending both days. I'll probably grab a campsite somewhere nearby for the night.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For those that are coming from afar and want to stay both days, there is a lot of pretty good camping reasonably close to this rest area.

I want to say that I'm in as well but am having the same problem as chuyler1. I don't want to commit and then have something really pressing come up last minute. For now, I plan on attending both days. I'll probably grab a campsite somewhere nearby for the night.
Sounds Great.
There is a hiking trail literally IN the back of Rest Area Parking Lot if anyone is low on cash and needs to crash somewhere free. Although I don't know if the the cops would be dicks and tow any vehicles that were parked in the lot over night. I guess I will look into that.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BTW, that event in Milford sounds like fun. Would be a good summer goal to clean up the sound of my car and maybe install those 3" domes...provided they had a SQ judge to listen to cars.
Are you talking about the one on the 27th? Yeah, I like having things like meets and comps to motivate my ass.

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,355 Posts
I'm gonna have to bitch out. Thats the weekend I take my son home from his stay up with me.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm trying to find some info about camping in Oakham. I swear the sign on the trail said you needed a permit to camp. I've been digging on the mass dcr and town of Oakham websites but not coming up with much.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I'm going to be in the bitch category on this if we can't get a lot more ppl to come or combine with one of the other area shows.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Bump 2...

I just put a new amp for my midbass and it's sweet! before punching 100 watts, Now 150 watts, it's incredible how good it sounds, what a difference it makes with only 50 watts more.

Cheers.

1 - 20 of 264 Posts