DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm getting subs put in my 01 bonneville SE and I'm not too sure about what subs I am gonna use to be loudest. I am going to have a band pass box built to the exact specs of the subs I decide to get and it will port through the arm rest hole from the trunk to the cab. I am going to run a pdx-m12 alpine amplifier and a cda-117 alpine head unit. The subs I am leaning towards are the p3d2-12 inchers. Any advice for better subs or if I just shouldn't use fosgates in general? Thanks a lot for any help.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
dont like the sound of the p2s i have, but they get loud sealed 400 watts. ported should be plenty.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am pretty confident in the Rockford line of subs. Don't think there is much better for the money. Enclosure is going to be key. Bandpass enclosures are usually my last choice on an enclosure but sometimes they do the trick. There could be many disagrees with me but I think when you do a bandpass, you are not really listening to the sub, you are listening to the box. But then, when you fire subs into the trunk, without cutting a huge hole in the rear deck, I think you are listening to the trunk. Lately, I have been doing sealed and ported enclosure that fire into the car and I have been really happy how they have turned out. Much more musical this way.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
just my experience

i have 2 rf p2 12s sealed 2 cubic foot, rockford amp 200x2. they sound like poo

i had two polk mm 10s sealed and ported, sounded 100 times better
polk mm 12 is $140 can take 1000 watts np
Polk Audio MM1240 (MM-1240) 12" 4 ohm Mobile Monitor Subwoofer

also love my current dayton HO sub. doesnt sound better or worse than the polk mm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts